Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Ordered on 12/22/18 deliverd on 2/6/19 Silver JLUR,

DSC00002.JPG
DSC00005.JPG

DSC00003.JPG

This is my 4th Wrangler, I got my first one in 95, and had a Jeep with the last one being an 04 Rubicon, until 2011. I went the way of sports cars for a few years but couldn't resist the call of the Jeep any longer so I am back at it again.

I am trying to build my Jeep for daily use to and from the office. With the ability to take it wherever I want on the weekends, be it Moab, or some OHV park that is within a couple of hours from home. I don't want to loose the driveablity that it currently has. So here is what I have come up with after doing lots of searches and reading reviews and watching some videos. I will be posting some pictures as things get installed. I have done the whole do it yourself thing and this time around I will pay to have some of this installed.

Parts to be installed:

Best top sunrider
Metal Cloak 3.5 game changer rocksport eddition
Metal Cloak Rocker exoskin
Metal Cloak Overland rocker base and flip step
Metal Cloak UnderCloak Intergrated Armor, and rear diff skid plate
Yeti tie rod, track bar and draglink
RCV axel shafts
Motobilt Rear bumper
Motobilt front and rear diff covers
Ace Engineering rear tire carrier/tag relocation
Ace engineering front inner fenders
Still deciding on the wheels and tires, will be 37's
Sponsored

Last edited:

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
@Dawghouse

Hey Clint is that the factory steel bumper with the sides removed to make it "stubby"? Thanks for sharing your build I have the same goals.

OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
@Dawghouse

Hey Clint is that the factory steel bumper with the sides removed to make it "stubby"? Thanks for sharing your build I have the same goals.
Yep it's the factory steel bumper, hope your build goes well. Will be updating soon been kinda rainy and gloomy for a few days hard to take pictures.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep it's the factory steel bumper, hope your build goes well. Will be updating soon been kinda rainy and gloomy for a few days hard to take pictures.
Thank you. I'm near Mall of Ga so same weather. Mine will be here end of March so looking at the mods to figure out what to order now.

OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Well most of my mods will be installed in the next week or so. I will fill you in on how it works out and if you would like a ride to see how it feels after it's all done pm me and we can meet up.

Last edited:

Sponsored

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I think I might take you up on that. First Jeep for me so whole new world is opening up.

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Clint,
I have essentially the same goals. This is my very first Wrangler (I’m in St. Louis) and it’s almost identical to your purchase - Granite Crystal, 4dr, Rubicon. I went with plastic bumpers because I know I’m going to swap them, went with a manual transmission and also the body color fenders.

Going to watch your build closely - excited to see how it turns out.

Thanks for letting us into your garage.

Chad

OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clint,
I have essentially the same goals. This is my very first Wrangler (I’m in St. Louis) and it’s almost identical to your purchase - Granite Crystal, 4dr, Rubicon. I went with plastic bumpers because I know I’m going to swap them, went with a manual transmission and also the body color fenders.

Going to watch your build closely - excited to see how it turns out.

Thanks for letting us into your garage.

Chad
Thanks Chad, hope you like what you see, Install on the lift and everything starts on Monday and should be finished by Wednesday.

I am going with dirty life beadlocks and 37x13.5 Cooper SST Pros.

OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Droped my Jeep off at a Friends shop to get worked on here it is on his shops instagram site. Should be more pics coming later this week.

Reactions: aai
OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
some more pics he added this morning, Will be finished today or tomorrow

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Drew and his boys at orm4x4.com did a great job installing everything. I will be looking for a diferent tire carrier the ACE engineering one rattles way to much. Reminds me of my old warren swing away with all the rattle.

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great and already sending out reviews whoot!

I was looking at the rock hard 4x4 angle down for step + function but I liked the design of the ROAM and didn't even know about the Overland Rocker that is the best of all the worlds. Was just about to purchase too. Thank you!

How does it drive on 37's? I'm now debating 35 or 37's?

Did you think about the one hand bumper mount or you wanted the rear mount to be tighter to the gate? It so hard to tell what will rattle or squeak as most of the bumper mounts require lubrication every 3 months.

OP
OP
Dawghouse

Dawghouse

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Looks great and already sending out reviews whoot!

I was looking at the rock hard 4x4 angle down for step + function but I liked the design of the ROAM and didn't even know about the Overland Rocker that is the best of all the worlds. Was just about to purchase too. Thank you!

How does it drive on 37's? I'm now debating 35 or 37's?

Did you think about the one hand bumper mount or you wanted the rear mount to be tighter to the gate? It so hard to tell what will rattle or squeak as most of the bumper mounts require lubrication every 3 months.
It drives great on 37's, I am more looking at wheel mount that goes on the tailgate, Rusty has one and motobilt just put one out. Saw a Rusty's getting installed today will see what the owner says about it in the next week or 2. Really don't want one that mounts to the bumper.
Sponsored