Sponsored

HELP!!! JL Hitch Receiver Wiring Harness not working after install.

qbanboy14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Hello friends.

I spent this weekend about 8 hours installing the Hitch Receiver Wiring Harness (82215398AB) on my new JL. I used the instructions that came with the kite and the video on youtube ()

I feel extremely comfortable i did not make any mistakes. I tested the 4 pin with my friends trailer, but the lights and the turn signals do not work. I feel as power is not getting to the trailer boat. I saw some threads about some people having to take the jeep to the dealer for re flashing the computer. Any ideas or tips before I give up and take it to the Jeep Dealer
Sponsored

mrmarco21

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON JL 4 DOOR
Occupation
QA Aircraft Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
Hello friends.

I spent this weekend about 8 hours installing the Hitch Receiver Wiring Harness (82215398AB) on my new JL. I used the instructions that came with the kite and the video on youtube ()

I feel extremely comfortable i did not make any mistakes. I tested the 4 pin with my friends trailer, but the lights and the turn signals do not work. I feel as power is not getting to the trailer boat. I saw some threads about some people having to take the jeep to the dealer for re flashing the computer. Any ideas or tips before I give up and take it to the Jeep Dealer
Did you get it flashed at the dealership? I just had mine done and they have to flash my Jeep computer to let it know it's hooked up. Maybe that's all you need to do. Mine works great.

OP
OP

qbanboy14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Did you get it flashed at the dealership? I just had mine done and they have to flash your Jeep computer to let it know it's hooked up.
No i haven't had time, i was questioning do i need to do that? i guess i do now.. I tought I did something wrong or some cable was lose inside. How long did it took to do the flash?

mrmarco21

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP WRANGLER UNLIMITED RUBICON JL 4 DOOR
Occupation
QA Aircraft Inspector
Vehicle Showcase
No i haven't had time, i was questioning do i need to do that? i guess i do now.. I tought I did something wrong or some cable was lose inside. How long did it took to do the flash?
About 20 minutes. It takes longer to get the equipment out then it does to flash your computer.

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
FWIW, I did not flash mine and the 4 wire works fine. No idea if the 7 wire works. Installed on Friday and used heavily on Saturday, and tested to work,

Sponsored

Grantee

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR WHITE, 2016 KL WHITE LTD, 2014 YAMAHA SX190
FWIW, I did not flash mine and the 4 wire works fine. No idea if the 7 wire works. Installed on Friday and used heavily on Saturday, and tested to work,
I didn’t have to have it flashed either. Worked right away and have towed a couple times already.

Highonlyfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2011 JKU
Did you test with a voltage meter?

stuckinohio

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S 4 Door
That could be a possibility. I've got halogen lights and the 7" stereo.

Sponsored

Dubeau9005

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2010 GMC Sierra 1500
I installed this kit and did not need to get it flashed. But I also have the halogens. Does it say anything in the installation instruction about difference between led and halogen install?

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
Hello friends.

Sorry if this is a dumb question but did you have the trailer connected to the hitch when you tested? My trailer lights will not work unless the trailer is actually connected to the hitch. Something to do with the grounding.
Sponsored