Sponsored

Remote Start Not Working

baderthanyou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL 2018
I've had my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 for almost 4 years and I've never had an issue with my remote start before today.
I already checked and my key fob works, and I can hear the engine click like it's going to start remotely, and then nothing happens. Any suggestions before I take it to a mechanic?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I've had my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 for almost 4 years and I've never had an issue with my remote start before today.
I already checked and my key fob works, and I can hear the engine click like it's going to start remotely, and then nothing happens. Any suggestions before I take it to a mechanic?
@baderthanyou

Are you using JSCAN ?

Have you disconnected a hood plunger in order to defeat ESS (Stop/Start)?

Have you been having any battery(2) related issues. If your 2018 JL's batteries are failing this can cause remote start to not work.

Radguy

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubi, 2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys Ecodiesel
The remote start quit working on my 2018 because my battery was getting weak. Replaced the battery and it been good since. When we checked the battery it only had 210 cold cranking amps.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I had a RAM truck that would do this. The way I could fix the problem was to get in the truck and manually start it to clear problem.

Sponsored

cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
I had a 2018 did the same thing. Battery problem. It would start in the jeep but not with the fob. Both batteries tested bad.

Engmoreau

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLRU
Did you ever solved this issue? Same problem here. 2018 out of warranty. Battery is 2.5yrs old. It will honk twice and try to start but wouldn’t
Sponsored