Bikini paint color?

Musicnjeepz

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKURR
has anyone found out exactly what color it is?
Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
It ain’t gonna be a boy color. Or at least only for guys who wear a bikini? I’m thinking hot pink. :)

Sponsored

Gandersonsays

First Name
Griffin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr JL Rubicon
My guess is a light pastel blue, which I think would look pretty fresh.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
It ain’t gonna be a boy color. Or at least only for guys who wear a bikini? I’m thinking hot pink. :)
This is my guess, too.

Maybe not hot pink, but my guess would be pink.

From a marketing standpoint, I'm not sure how many guys would buy a Jeep with a color called "bikini". Right or wrong (not getting in to that), I know that I'd be teased if I rolled up in a Jeep and word got out that it was "bikini". Guys don't wear bikinis, so there will be an association with the color to girls, no matter what. Again, right or wrong, my guess is that's how it'd play out.

So, if I'm in marketing (I'm not, maybe that's a good thing!), I'd say if we use a color name that is associated with a gender-specific item (again, bikinis are made for the female body), sales for that color will probably be heavily weighted to that gender population. Probably the single most "polarizing" color in terms of gender association.... pink! Even more so than blue.

If they want to make a light blue, and maximize sales of it, I'd want to maximize my potential buyers and would thus chose a gender-neutral name (NOT bikini).

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
This is my guess, too.

Maybe not hot pink, but my guess would be pink.

From a marketing standpoint, I'm not sure how many guys would buy a Jeep with a color called "bikini". Right or wrong (not getting in to that), I know that I'd be teased if I rolled up in a Jeep and word got out that it was "bikini". Guys don't wear bikinis, so there will be an association with the color to girls, no matter what. Again, right or wrong, my guess is that's how it'd play out.

So, if I'm in marketing (I'm not, maybe that's a good thing!), I'd say if we use a color name that is associated with a gender-specific item (again, bikinis are made for the female body), sales for that color will probably be heavily weighted to that gender population. Probably the single most "polarizing" color in terms of gender association.... pink! Even more so than blue.

If they want to make a light blue, and maximize sales of it, I'd want to maximize my potential buyers and would thus chose a gender-neutral name (NOT bikini).
Jeep knows how well pink Jeep merchandise sells. It would be smart marketing to give those women an option to drive a Jeep that suits their image. Also, many girls and guys agree that Wranglers look best in bright colors.

52D619F1-85C5-4A3A-9E99-D2B1A5412B73.jpeg

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Jeep knows how well pink Jeep merchandise sells. It would be smart marketing to give those women an option to drive a Jeep that suits their image. Also, many girls and guys agree that Wranglers look best in bright colors.

52D619F1-85C5-4A3A-9E99-D2B1A5412B73.jpeg
Exactly. They know pink is polarizing and predominantly pursued by female consumers. Thus, the hat you shared.

My guess for bikini is pink. For the same reason the hat above has pink writing that says Jeep Girl and not Jeep Guy.

Sunin-Retired

First Name
Sunin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue Rubi on order, 2013 Prius c, 1999 10th Anniversary Miata
Exactly. They know pink is polarizing and predominantly pursued by female consumers. Thus, the hat you shared.

My guess for bikini is pink. For the same reason the hat above has pink writing that says Jeep Girl and not Jeep Guy.
Would love bikini to be a bare metal clear coat. But maybe that would be naked!
Sponsored