How long is "In Transit" time?

Maddingo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Wrangler TJ, 2018 Wrangler JL
Does anyone know how long the "In Tansit" time is before the jeep gets to the dealer?

Thanks.
Mike
Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Does anyone know how long the "In Tansit" time is before the jeep gets to the dealer?

Thanks.
Mike
It’s all up to the freight companies. I’ve seen a few days, to more than six weeks.

OP
OP

Maddingo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Wrangler TJ, 2018 Wrangler JL
Yikes. 6 weeks.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Took mine a day or two less than three weeks to truck 500 miles, no railway involved. A friend on here got hers from order to delivery including transit, in fifteen days.

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
It varies by a huge amount.

Mine left Toledo by rail on 05/39/18 on its way to Vancouver, BC.
It arrived here, in the local rail yard on 06/14/18.
The tracking system said it was loaded onto a truck on 06/25/18.
The tracker then said they truck left for the dealer on 07/06/18.
The dealer is a 45-minute drive from the rail yard but as of today (07/10/18) is still not reporting as having arrived.

Since I am away on a trip until the first of Aug., it's not affecting my pickup yet and I expect it will all be sorted out before then.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1D2E1ED3-D793-430C-8736-D80ABE695052.jpeg
Found this bill of lading under passenger seat. Actual travel time, a couple of days. Days in transit... almost three weeks.

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe

Thanks.
Mike
I was able to confirm that my Jeep was in storage as of late May, 5/28 to be exact. I don't know when it entered storage however, it could have been sitting there for a day or a month at that point. On that POC sheet it stated that the estimated shipping date was 6/8.

Currently, 7/12 - escalated via the dealer & Jeep with no result. Jeep is still in storage, with no shipping ETA at this point. Original order was in February... :angry:

Decided today that I'll give them until 7/17 (20-weeks exactly since the initial deposit/order), and if it's not available at the dealer I'm getting my deposit back and skipping over this model year. I'll re-evaluate another attempt when the 2019's are released.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
I was able to confirm that my Jeep was in storage as of late May, 5/28 to be exact. I don't know when it entered storage however, it could have been sitting there for a day or a month at that point. On that POC sheet it stated that the estimated shipping date was 6/8.

Currently, 7/12 - escalated via the dealer & Jeep with no result. Jeep is still in storage, with no shipping ETA at this point. Original order was in February... :angry:

Decided today that I'll give them until 7/17 (20-weeks exactly since the initial deposit/order), and if it's not available at the dealer I'm getting my deposit back and skipping over this model year. I'll re-evaluate another attempt when the 2019's are released.
Has your Jeep been “in transit” status when you search through Jeep.com/shopping tools/search new inventory and on your dealer’s website?

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks.
Mike
Mike, for me from KZ status to arrival in the VDC in my city, it was actually 11 days in transit.
However, my Jeep has not arrived at my dealer's lot, to my knowledge, so it has been at the VDC for 2 days so far.

Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/28/18 01:26:00 AM TOLEDO - STICKNEY
Production Status KZ Received 06/28/18 02:20:00 AM
Ingate / Rebay at Facility 06/28/18 03:18:00 AM TOLEDO - R
Railcar Departure / Yard Exit 06/28/18 09:39:14 AM TOLEDO - RAIL
In-Transit 07/07/18 01:57:00 AM KANSAS CITY, KS
In-Transit 07/07/18 01:57:00 AM KANSAS CITY, KS
In-Transit 07/08/18 12:30:00 PM ALLIANCE, TX
Railhead, Railcar Ingate (Arrival) 07/09/18 06:30:00 AM PEARLAND, TX
Railcar Unloaded 07/10/18 01:16:00 PM PEARLAND, TX VDC

Stale

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Has your Jeep been “in transit” status when you search through Jeep.com/shopping tools/search new inventory and on your dealer’s website?
Unfortunately not, it seems like it got right up to that point, but Jeep will not release it for some reason. I contacted Jeep and the dealer after it had been in storage for over a month, and the response was almost comical:

First response from FCA: Our resources indicate your vehicle is currently in storage. This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.

Two weeks later from FCA: Unfortunately I have no way of determining when your vehicle will be delivered. I have reached out to the factory once again for more information; once I receive a response you will be contacted via email with an update.

The last response was ~45 days in storage, and they couldn't even provide an idea of what the issue was... Regardless, despite ordering in February, I don't see any way that it's delivered prior to the end of summer, despite ordering in February... Time to cut losses & look towards the 2019, maybe it'll be a good thing if they work out a few of the steering issues.

Rubi

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep JLR
Unfortunately not, it seems like it got right up to that point, but Jeep will not release it for some reason. I contacted Jeep and the dealer after it had been in storage for over a month, and the response was almost comical:

First response from FCA: Our resources indicate your vehicle is currently in storage. This is the stage prior to being released by the plant. Vehicle may have been selected for additional quality inspections or held for delivery purposes. If being shipped via railcar, vehicles maybe held until there are enough units to fill the shipping requirements.

Two weeks later from FCA: Unfortunately I have no way of determining when your vehicle will be delivered. I have reached out to the factory once again for more information; once I receive a response you will be contacted via email with an update.

The last response was ~45 days in storage, and they couldn't even provide an idea of what the issue was... Regardless, despite ordering in February, I don't see any way that it's delivered prior to the end of summer, despite ordering in February... Time to cut losses & look towards the 2019, maybe it'll be a good thing if they work out a few of the steering issues.
I would have pulled out a long time ago. The fact that it’s built and they’re sitting on it, for what; is very disturbing.

Your dealer’s reps should have done something by now. I would have pulled out and gone to another dealer right after the initial storage situation when no intelligent explanation was provided.
Sponsored