Sponsored

Just installed Sky one touch retractable power soft top

STLJL

Update August 4, 2018:

After receiving the remainder of parts, I finally got the sky one touch top powered up and running. Thank you very much Benny with Allmoparparts.com for helping me complete this impossible task! Only thing left is to reinstall back window and rear quarter panel glass. Everything was plug and play, and worked without taking to the dealership to be programmed.

Around $2000 for everything.

Video and photos:

b5150ce2-1747-42a2-9392-5ce2ac463ca4-jpeg.jpg

b22dc806-c69a-43be-bf66-e280d707bdff-jpeg.jpg

Original post:

Hi everyone! This is my first post. New to the forum and to the Jeep community. My wife and I just traded both our vehicles in on Jeeps. I got a white Rubicon JL and she got a rhino grand Cherokee altitude. I would have preferred the body colored hard top, but the dealer made a great deal for us so we proceeded with the purchase. I am extremely happy, although there was some slight adjustment period coming from an f150 fx4! I went to 4 body shops to have the top painted and none of them wanted to do it. I searched for a painted top with no luck.

I then came across a white sky one touch top for sale, and purchased immediately. Fortunately is was bright white, but was incomplete and the seller didn’t know which parts it lacked. It was missing all the glass. When it arrived, it was in great condition. All seals intact and paint looked great. It looks like I’ll be able to utilize all the glass from my hard top. All wire harnesses seem to match up exactly. I am missing all the mounting hardware for sure and the front interior molding that eliminates the freedom top mounting brackets notches and incorporates the actual push button and wiring. I believe that is it.

My local dealer printed off the parts schematics but they are incomplete and don’t specify bolt types. I would really like to get the top mounted but after reaching out to all the local dealers and Mopar, I have come up empty every time. There was a bulletin about sky one touch calibration so already have found a lot of useful information here. Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

048A71C8-01B5-410C-874D-81FDE0A2B240.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

STLJL

I came across a parts dealer in Michigan that had 11 billet silver hard tops, also with out glass. I kept checking back to see if one would become available in my color and saw this one. Jumped on it pretty quick after reading about all the delays for the release of the sky one touch top

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Again...how did you get that??? A lot of us are having issues obtaining a soft top but how in the world did you get that? Additionally, how much was it and what place was it? I'd like to see if they have a JL soft top myself.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Is this a take off from a test mule? Maybe an early production sample from the vendor? Hopefully not a part that failed QC. Weird.

Maybe a vendor employee is backdooring tops to sell on the dark web.

Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Is this a take off from a test mule? Maybe an early production sample from the vendor? Hopefully not a part that failed QC. Weird.

Maybe a vendor employee is backdooring tops to sell on the dark web.
That is kinda what I was thinking because the Sky One Touch was just released last week for ordering...I think.

OP
OP

STLJL

Purchased on eBay and was shocked to see it there. The seller had a lot of JL parts. This top in particular was claimed to be a backup for the White Sahara that has been seen in some promo videos. Everything is new...won’t be able to test proper functionality until I am able to purchase the remaining parts

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Purchased on eBay and was shocked to see it there. The seller had a lot of JL parts. This top in particular was claimed to be a backup for the White Sahara that has been seen in some promo videos. Everything is new...won’t be able to test proper functionality until I am able to purchase the remaining parts
How much?

OP
OP

STLJL

$1950 delivered. For half price though I would roll the dice. It seems that I would not be able to purchase a white hardtop or sky one touch anytime soon without ordering a Jeep that way

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Makes sense. Jeep needed early production samples for all the advertising shoots and trade shows.

Sponsored

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
$1950 delivered. For half price though I would roll the dice. It seems that I would not be able to purchase a white hardtop or sky one touch anytime soon without ordering a Jeep that way
Who is the eBay seller? Want to follow him for more JL deals.

OP
OP

STLJL

Schramautoparts on eBay. They do have a separate site. Seems to be hit or miss for the JL parts. All of the wrangler JL parts have been sold as new..but after searching their site looks like they offer used parts as well.

Cwelroy

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sahara
Schramautoparts on eBay. They do have a separate site. Seems to be hit or miss for the JL parts. All of the wrangler JL parts have been sold as new..but after searching their site looks like they offer used parts as well.
Thanks!

OP
OP

STLJL

If anyone knows the bolt type that would be great! They are smaller diameter then the anchor bolts for the hard top. They seem to utilize the through- holes in the sport bar, maybe similar to how the soft top gaskets attach ???
Sponsored