Paint Protection

Brian08

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2500HD
Seems our jeep will be shipping soon. We where did set on doing ceramic coating on this black rubicon. The cost seems to be expensive up front basically the price of a lift.
I have read that it bonds with the clear coat so if you have to remove has to be sanded off. I also read the clear on the rubicon is a 7 and ceramic is 9. Is it true you can still scratch the ceramic coat.
Would I be better off with a good wax every 3 months?
i do worry about rocks but wouldnt you need a clear bra for that ?
Sponsored

jrghd3e

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Look up AMMO Reflex. I just put 2 coats of it on mine along with AMMO sealant and a coat of Chemical guys butter wax. The Reflex can be used on the hardtop and plastic trim.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Let me help you here. Ceramic coating or any coating like that WILL NOT protect the paint against scratches. You will need to do PPF (Paint Protection Film) for that.

Ceramic Coating discussions are like guys picking Toyo vs BFG vs Nitto tires. Go to many of the detailing forums and you can read up until your eyes pop out.

Here is my opinion and only my own. If you do not like detailing or keeping up with your exterior, DO a ceramic coating. Plenty out there. If you do like detailing and are good about exterior upkeep save your money it is a waste. Ceramic coating's make it wonderfully easy to keep your ride clean.

OP
OP

Brian08

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 2500HD
Let me help you here. Ceramic coating or any coating like that WILL NOT protect the paint against scratches. You will need to do PPF (Paint Protection Film) for that.

Ceramic Coating discussions are like guys picking Toyo vs BFG vs Nitto tires. Go to many of the detailing forums and you can read up until your eyes pop out.

Here is my opinion and only my own. If you do not like detailing or keeping up with your exterior, DO a ceramic coating. Plenty out there. If you do like detailing and are good about exterior upkeep save your money it is a waste. Ceramic coating's make it wonderfully easy to keep your ride clean.
That is kind of what I am thinking.. I dont mind washing and drying.. I do sux and waxing but I have found a guy will do that for under 100 and he does a good job.. I have found on my truck if I go with wax ever 3 months its easy to keep clean.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Finish Kare BWM-1000 Hi-Temp Paste Wax 15 oz.

41TcWtIrl9L.jpg
Here is what I have used for years being I am in San Antonio TX. It gets very hot and traditional waxes (TO ME) don't hold up. I am not into the Ceramic stuff. With this you can do the complete Jeep on and off in 45m or less. Again your choice I like doing my own vehicle care. I use it on my Tesla and BMW shines Brightly.
Easy to apply and very easy to remove.
Sponsored