Sponsored

Test rides at the LA auto show??

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
I have been to several auto shows over the past yearend the most recent was the Orange County show las month. At these shows Jeep ( in my experience ) has always had a man made terrain course set up with off camber tilt, wheel articulation and a hill climb and descent. So my question is do you think they will have that available for the JL at the LA Auto show?

Also my tickets say entry any where from December 1 to December 8 early entry. But as I understand it the show starts on Nov 29th. Does that mean that only media gets in NOV 29-30?

Is it not open to the public on the 29th and 30?
Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
That’s correct press days are not for the public, only accredited media.

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
You mean the fake press who write fake news at the fake press days of the show... Is that three fakes? Oh man, there has to be a ripple effect of some type occurring. Maybe there isn't a new Jeep? Or any Jeep? Or the internet... what?

1m906s.jpg

I love memes. bah ha ha

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Mainly ‘accredited’ now means, “No Jacka$$es, you’re not ‘The Press’ because you have 189 followers on Twitter or YouTube, so stay with the General Public where you belong... come back when you have 5 million+ subscribers/followers.”

Also the amount of New Media ‘Press’ (even with the 5+ million subs), means the food & swag has greatly declined from previous press preview days, especially from the golden era of media.

As a former cameraman for network TV who covered Auto & Tech Shows in Canada in the 90s, I laugh at all the New Media ‘Press’ who want all the benefits and none of the responsibilities.

However, what’s going on in the US is just comical.. in a Pathos way, and is a total inversion of the hope that was held for the internet improving the quality access to information.

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
Mainly ‘accredited’ now means, “No Jacka$$es, you’re not ‘The Press’ because you have 189 followers on Twitter or YouTube, so stay with the General Public where you belong... come back when you have 5 million+ subscribers/followers.”

Also the amount of New Media ‘Press’ (even with the 5+ million subs), means the food & swag has greatly declined from previous press preview days, especially from the golden era of media.

As a former cameraman for network TV who covered Auto & Tech Shows in Canada in the 90s, I laugh at all the New Media ‘Press’ who want all the benefits and none of the responsibilities.

However, what’s going on in the US is just comical.. in a Pathos way, and is a total inversion of the hope that was held for the internet improving the quality access to information.
No kidding times have changed, i worked for a local paper from 1989 to 2014 and the decrease in media spending was quite dramatic. I think Detroit is still the biggie in terms of spending but that is so scaled back now. Even the press kits are now just CD's in a slipcover though they are a lot simpler to store. Our Wheels department tossed out boxes full of press kits when we started to downsize before I retired and I collected a lot of kits for vehicles I was interested in. The coolest piece was from the JK which was a small metal box with the Jeep grill cut out of the front and a photo of a pair of eyes in behind. I put that somewhere safe a couple of years ago and you think I can find it now!

I did a lot of road trips for sports and elections, when the Skydome opened they had a really nice press lounge where you could have a beer (free) but that is gone. Covering playoffs were great, the fellow that owned Little Caesars owns the Red Wings so he put out some pretty nice spreads. Did one playoff run for the Leafs out in Vancouver, was nice to hook up with relatives while out there but typically the schedules are pretty busy.

This loss of quality has also filtered down to print media unfortunately I see far to many stories where the quoted source is twitter or worse.
Sponsored