Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 1987 Comanche, 1997 F250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
It's nice to have a ball joint press in the cabinet if you work on enough Jeeps and trucks. And they're not too expensive to buy.
Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
It's nice to have a ball joint press in the cabinet if you work on enough Jeeps and trucks. And they're not too expensive to buy.
Right, for a one-off BJ swap, borrowing one from Autozone is probably the most logical. Unless you think you wanna have one for the trail.

If you do borrow one from the auto parts store, make sure it has all the parts. The one I borrowed was missing a cup (just used one from the Amazon set), and I've seen some other posts in my travels where peeps said they're often missing parts.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Right, for a one-off BJ swap, borrowing one from Autozone is probably the most logical. Unless you think you wanna have one for the trail.
Yeah, it only makes sense to buy it if you plan on using it many times.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Okay okay

I'll just borrow from Autozone.

Thought I'd have an excuse for more tools is all. :piggybank:
It's a doable job. Just a lot of disassembly of the front axle and steery bits.

Take note of @Jeepsk8 's new knowledge about putting it in 4Hi so you don't have to open the FAD housing like they do in the Synergy install video I posted earlier.

I was changing out shafts so I had to open it anyway.

grimmjeeper

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grimmjeeper.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
enginerd
Okay okay

I'll just borrow from Autozone.

Thought I'd have an excuse for more tools is all. :piggybank:
You need to make excuses to buy tools?

giphy.gif

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Afternoon Jeep folks.

It's been several days and I was so far behind, I didn't even attempt to go through it all in this thread. I just went to today's posts. If there is very important information :LOL: I need and missed, I trust you'll point me to it.

My mother passed away last week after receiving some major surgery (surgery went well, just too much apparently wrong before the surgery). I don't say that to bring anyone down, but to provide context for the following:

We now have a new five month old puppy. My mom got her not long ago, and now we have her. We picked her up from the babysitter Sunday. Let me say, my mom pampered this girl like she was a grandchild (maybe more so). Along with all of the toys, treats, shampoos, brushes, crate (that looks like a piece of furniture, not your typical metal crate), puppy car seat, etc., was even a handwritten note (full page, front and back) of instructions for her care. This little girl is a pampered princess. But...

Can a pampered 5 pound (maybe), 5 month old miniature poodle be a Jeep Dog?

She's on her way...

PikkVCGvsPNggLu?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

(She's a little wet here from the monsoons we got this past weekend. And before anyone gets too concerned, she's too light for the passenger air bag to turn on, I checked. She should be good in the front like that.)

rbni6PQmUxAdIPP?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none.jpg

This is Zoë, Jeep dog in training.

I say all of that about all of her stuff, which is all true, but then these pictures were us on the way to PetSmart to get her a new harness, leash, and MORE stuff. So I think maybe we're going to be just as bad.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Afternoon Jeep folks.

It's been several days and I was so far behind, I didn't even attempt to go through it all in this thread. I just went to today's posts. If there is very important information :LOL: I need and missed, I trust you'll point me to it.

My mother passed away last week after receiving some major surgery (surgery went well, just too much apparently wrong before the surgery). I don't say that to bring anyone down, but to provide context for the following:

We now have a new five month old puppy. My mom got her not long ago, and now we have her. We picked her up from the babysitter Sunday. Let me say, my mom pampered this girl like she was a grandchild (maybe more so). Along with all of the toys, treats, shampoos, brushes, crate (that looks like a piece of furniture, not your typical metal crate), puppy car seat, etc., was even a handwritten note (full page, front and back) of instructions for her care. This little girl is a pampered princess. But...

Can a pampered 5 pound (maybe), 5 month old miniature poodle be a Jeep Dog?

She's on her way...

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) rbni6PQmUxAdIPP?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

(She's a little wet here from the monsoons we got this past weekend. And before anyone gets too concerned, she's too light for the passenger air bag to turn on, I checked. She should be good in the front like that.)

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) rbni6PQmUxAdIPP?width=660&height=371&cropmode=none

This is Zoë, Jeep dog in training.

I say all of that about all of her stuff, which is all true, but then these pictures were us on the way to PetSmart to get her a new harness, leash, and MORE stuff. So I think maybe we're going to be just as bad.
Sorry for your loss, Dennis. But congrats on the new Jeep dog.
Sponsored