Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Actually, I think I see a larger darker area that I took for a shadow - but is actually gear oil that gave up and surrendered?
Sorry about the lighting, but my flash refused to work. lol

Yeah, the whole area should be dry dust but you can see oil has wetted the area just behind the seal as it leaks. Not bad, but can't let that go.
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
@JimLee Is 15ft. of cable enough to run from the battery to the storage cubby in the back?
It should be Steve, I ordered 20 feet and had 6 or 7 feet leftover. I'll also get you those pics by the end of the weekend, sorry but it's just been too damn hot to roll around under the Jeep until after dark, it's a morning task.

Sponsored

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
It should be Steve, I ordered 20 feet and had 6 or 7 feet leftover. I'll also get you those pics by the end of the weekend, sorry but it's just been too damn hot to roll around under the Jeep until after dark, it's a morning task.
Thanks.

No need for the pics, I can figger it out. Thanks. I don't want you to have to go through...

It's only 82 here and I don't wanna leave the house!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks.

No need for the pics, I can figger it out. Thanks. I don't want you to have to go through...

It's only 82 here and I don't wanna leave the house!
I gotta be under there this weekend anyway, so you will get pictures and you WILL like them :like:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
41D343C8-B25D-4454-B590-83A6C1F83D70.jpeg

Sweet potato fries 🍟

😋
not picking on your lunch choices. but hamburger with eggs have to be the first for me. havent heard the combo, nor i even want to try it. it just doesnt sound good. but i go for a burger with swiss, onions, mushrooms, bacon with lettuce, tomato, pickles. fries and a coke.:like:

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
I was curious so I ducked under the Jeep to look for the drive shaft Easter egg.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) MafiaNightWalk

SOB the pinion seal is leaking. :crying:
ok. i'm picking on you. floor jack up on blocks.:facepalm:

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
hey @JimLee what are you doing on the east coast.:CWL:
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 20210722_154146[1]

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
back from the doctor. every thing is all good. vision is clear at 20/30. the eye healed up nicely. as for the little blur. fog/cloud, fuzzy view. its to be expected during the healing process. after all its only been 7 days since the surgery. so i'm happy with the check up. but i havent seen the freaking ice cream that i was promised.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
I ran 2 gauge welding cable as it has a an extremely tough and flexible jacket. Man, that price increase though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MUC9VT3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I protected it with gator wrap.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VHSY6SM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From battery, down back of engine bay by fuse box, behind wheel well liner. Wrapped with heat tape like the factory bundles where it passes CAT. Down the passenger side frame rail and over fuel tank bundled up with factory wiring, to the storage cubby.

I only ran hot. The ground bus bar is connected to the frame by the storage cubby, as long as you get a good ground in the back there's no need to string another cable all the way to engine bay. I can get some pics for you later if you need.
Gimme a link for the bus bars por favor!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Gimme a link for the bus bars por favor!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07THLYYH3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The proper torque for this size electrical stud is ~ 14 foot lbs. People break them because they monkey torque.

I also used these to keep my tub water tight, just terminate the chafe guard right at the outside before going through.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FP6TNHZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored