Sponsored

Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** )

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Wellllllll, just got back from my local DMV, in Hemet. The automated web site kept telling me it was down or not available when I tried to order Personalized Veteran plates for V. The very nice lady at DMV tells me "They are saying that MIKEYS/MIKEY/MIKEYZ is just too close to MICKEY, as in Mouse".
Fargin Seawards! OBWAHN was taken! grrrrrrrrrrr

She agreed that it would have been nice if the web page just told me that it was an invalid choice. It kept saying go to your local DMV. Oh well, at least they ain't too far from here.
Sponsored

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
not picking on your lunch choices. but hamburger with eggs have to be the first for me. havent heard the combo, nor i even want to try it. it just doesnt sound good. but i go for a burger with swiss, onions, mushrooms, bacon with lettuce, tomato, pickles. fries and a coke.:like:
For some reason I was craving breakfast.

In hind sight I'd have opted for a double burger on white bun, bacon, grilled onions, mushrooms, cheddar, and swiss with BBQ sauce. Followed by the regular fries.

It was good, but a bit dry. Unusual for Bob's Atomic Burgers.

I'll do better next time.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Wrangler JLUR, '23 F150 Rattler
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07THLYYH3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The proper torque for this size electrical stud is ~ 14 foot lbs. People break them because they monkey torque.

I also used these to keep my tub water tight, just terminate the chafe guard right at the outside before going through.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FP6TNHZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks! You read my mind on the second link.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Keep it from rusting. I like keeping the oil change crud in that corner.

That corner collects water. :asshat:
We thought maybe you were getting ready for a different set of wheels for it. :giggle:

Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Thanks! You read my mind on the second link.
Watch out when you drill through the tub, there's little vertical plastic support ribs on the (outside) upper lip that can interfere with the cable glands seating all the way, they only go down an inch or two. Locate them on the outside of the tub first so you can drill to miss them.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Watch out when you drill through the tub, there's little vertical plastic support ribs on the (outside) upper lip that can interfere with the cable glands seating all the way, they only go down an inch or two. Locate them on the outside of the tub first so you can drill to miss them.
:like:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
We thought maybe you were getting ready for a different set of wheels for it. :giggle:
Nope. Kinda liking my current set.

ANYWHO: The "bit" of oil on the diff is not an issue. If it starts dripping or spin splattering under there, it will be covered by my warranty. The tech that actually did my gear swap was very good. I do like that shop.

Trail Jeeps

PS: I'll be cleaning it off and watching for changes.

Steveo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Code Monkey
Nope. Kinda liking my current set.

ANYWHO: The "bit" of oil on the diff is not an issue. If it starts dripping or spin splattering under there, it will be covered by my warranty. The tech that actually did my gear swap was very good. I do like that shop.

Trail Jeeps

PS: I'll be cleaning it off and watching for changes.
Just rub some dirt on it!

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
not picking on your lunch choices. but hamburger with eggs have to be the first for me. havent heard the combo, nor i even want to try it. it just doesnt sound good. but i go for a burger with swiss, onions, mushrooms, bacon with lettuce, tomato, pickles. fries and a coke.:like:
I was skeptical of egg on a hamburger for a long time too, but I will tell you that a fried egg on even a bad hamburger makes it much better. Within reason, that is. By the way, if it isn’t made out of meat it isn’t a hamburger, just sayin…

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Wellllllll, just got back from my local DMV, in Hemet. The automated web site kept telling me it was down or not available when I tried to order Personalized Veteran plates for V. The very nice lady at DMV tells me "They are saying that MIKEYS/MIKEY/MIKEYZ is just too close to MICKEY, as in Mouse".
Fargin Seawards! OBWAHN was taken! grrrrrrrrrrr

She agreed that it would have been nice if the web page just told me that it was an invalid choice. It kept saying go to your local DMV. Oh well, at least they ain't too far from here.
just for the heck of it. i tried all of "mike" combos and none was avaliable. so 2 things with that 1. is its all taken. or 2. cant be done. but "obwahn" is available. couldnt do it in the veterans plate because that cant be done online. its by mail only.
Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep humor waiting room ( ** NO POLITICS ** ) 1626995957973
Sponsored