Sponsored

New trails added!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Ran the Backway to Crown King this past weekend in my JLU Sport. Pretty intense trail for my level of driving skill and modifications. A Rubicon or a 2dr would have probably had an easier time.
Definitely an earned BOH.
Nice! How is your Jeep set up?
Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Yep. That was pretty slow going. If I only knew that was going to be the easiest part! I have no idea how I got up the waterfall bypass without body damage. I only ended up stacking rocks at one obstacle, so I guess overall the trail isn’t so bad. Just long and I went real slow. I high centered on two obstacles, but was able to reverse out thanks to Rustys skids. Banged up my mopar sliders too. They aren’t just for show anymore!
Sounds like quite the drive Al! Maybe I'll just stick to the other two routes if I'm ever over that way.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Sport with rubicon takeoffs, the wide mopar sliders, full belly skid from Rustys and 265/70/17 General ATx tires. I aired them down to 30psi, I know people go lower, but I need all the ground clearance I can get!
Thanks for that info, might have to give it a shot as I have a Rubi suspension, high fender kit and should have my new Mickey Thompson 315/70s mounted up early summer, and a winch just in case. Looks like a fun trail for sure!

hingedthinker

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
A dozen or so jeeps were heading up to Crown King today. We were not with them but enjoyed seeing so many wranglers. We had all stopped to let the air free...

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
So glad to hear that they added Hidden Falls. I remember emailing them to ask if they could add more trails a few years ago. It's amazing when you have a company that listens!

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So glad to hear that they added Hidden Falls. I remember emailing them to ask if they could add more trails a few years ago. It's amazing when you have a company that listens!
A number of us did. I wish that they’d added individual trails instead of the park as a whole. I nominated North Pole, Baby Back, and one or two more that I don’t recall offhand.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
A number of us did. I wish that they’d added individual trails instead of the park as a whole. I nominated North Pole, Baby Back, and one or two more that I don’t recall offhand.
Same, I gave them GPS coordinates for North Pole and Wet and Wild, along with trail descriptions. But it's nice to at least have one of my favorite parks on here.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I wish they would add more Colorado trails. Most of them are all on the west side of the state. The only one further east is Holy Cross in Vail. We have a ton of really good trails further east. Frankly, I’m surprised there are only six trails mentioned for the whole state.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I wish they would add more Colorado trails. Most of them are all on the west side of the state. The only one further east is Holy Cross in Vail. We have a ton of really good trails further east. Frankly, I’m surprised there are only six trails mentioned for the whole state.
I wouldn't complain, we don't have six places to wheel in ALL OF TEXAS!

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't complain, we don't have six places to wheel in ALL OF TEXAS!
That’s because Texas is mostly flatter than a cast iron pan. The lyrics of “Miles and Miles of Texas” exist for a reason.

Meanwhile, I’ve got a 14000‘ mountain out my back window.

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
That’s because Texas is mostly flatter than a cast iron pan. The lyrics of “Miles and Miles of Texas” exist for a reason.

Meanwhile, I’ve got a 14000‘ mountain out my back window.
No, that’s not it. There’s more area of Texas that’s not flat than there is in all of Colorado (albeit not nearly as high). The issue is that almost none of it is public land. The places to wheel are in central, north, and west Texas but they’re all privately owned land that you have to pay to wheel.

Until recently there was only 1 BoH trail in the state. It’s 678 miles from me.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
No, that’s not it. There’s more area of Texas that’s not flat than there is in all of Colorado (albeit not nearly as high). The issue is that almost none of it is public land. The places to wheel are in central, north, and west Texas but they’re all privately owned land that you have to pay to wheel.

Until recently there was only 1 BoH trail in the state. It’s 678 miles from me.
I know, I’m just kidding. I used to live in Texas. 😉

OP
OP
Chocolate Thunder

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Well it’s been brought to my attention by @B_AIRS that Hidden Falls ORV has been erased from the BOH app as if it were never there. Points from check-ins and photos posted are gone too. The badge request that was submitted is gone too. Does anyone know why or what happened?
Sponsored