What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Crusifix

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0T Hurricane
No pictures yet, but I finished installing my Coverking Topliner on the rear section last night. What a pita...But worth it. I'm just letting the top sit upside down overnight to allow the adhesive to fully bond. It looks great so far.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
No issues with the new steering box and the Synergy Sector Shaft brace? I have the brace but never got around to installing it. Now I am waiting for the new steering box. Is the steering a lot better now?
Yes!!!! My wife just got it done this week and she said that it was a HUGE/immediate improvement!

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How hard of a process was that? Looks good. I'm interested in doing the same thing.
I want to say it's 6 or 8 screws per side, its VERY easy with the OEM steel bumper.

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
did you follow any instructions or just did it on your own kind of thing?
Its easy to do on your own, I think it's 2 screws on top, 2 on the front, and 2 on the back. If you take look at the bumper, its even pretty obvious which screws they are. No instructions required, but I'm sure you could find a youtube video if you wanted to see how to do it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
did you follow any instructions or just did it on your own kind of thing?
do you have the steel bumper? your profile shows Willys and they do not come with steel bumper standard.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
What side steps? They’re awesome, I’m looking at the ace engineering so I can still keep my stock rubi rails but these look very clean..
These are Rock Hard 4x4 with the upward angle. The Ace sliders sit lower since it leaves the Rubi rails in place.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
How hard of a process was that? Looks good. I'm interested in doing the same thing.
Simple. Truly simple.

remove 8 T45 torx bolts per side (2 top, front, bottom, back), slide off the metal wing (it’s surprisingly heavy— maybe 8-10 pounds?), put the bolts back into the stubby bumper to keep all nut/clips in place And leave no holes in the bumper. Takes maybe 10 minutes per side with a manual ratchet and torx bit.

try it. Simple.