"Jeep Wave"program? Worth it or not?

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
It’s only free for the first two years. It’s $150/yr after that.
Ok. But who in the world would pay that much for a year of oil changes? Sorry, but I assumed they were talking about the first 2 years and I do know dealers that try to push their own oil package when you buy from them and forget to tell you about the Wave program.
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
We cut a sidewall on our trip to Colorado and Jeep waves reimbursed me for the cost of the tire which was a very pleasant surprise. Apparently they offer a sort of trip insurance and loaner vehicles too if your vehicle breaks down on you. I probably wouldn’t have paid for it had it been optional but it really made a bad day a whole lot better when I was on the phone with them.

One of my buddies doesn’t like cheese on his hamburger (I know it’s downright un-American). Going to MvDonalds with him is hilarious because they’ll redo his order 3 times before they can make a burger without cheese. Those same kids become Jeep techs - it’s the world we live in now...

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I just had my first Jeep Wave oil change and tire rotation and had no issues. They put in the correct amount of oil and torqued the lug nuts properly (checked both when I got home). Some people don't want the dealerships to touch their Jeep and others are ok with it. It was a free service whereas I don't have to deal with having to dispose of the oil. Some have mentioned time spent at the dealership is a hassle. I dropped mine off after work the night before my appointment and picked it up after work the next day. That's time I'm not having to go to the store to get oil, not having to change it myself (for now), and not having to rotate my tires by myself. I feel I've actually saved myself some time with this free service. After I've used up my Wave freebies I will do it myself then. I'm a cheap b@$t@rd when it comes to some things and if I can save a few bucks with good results then I'll take advantage of it.

Sponsored