Sponsored

Recommendation on Sway Bar Quick Disconnects?

kogar

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR EcoDiesel
Looking to get sway bar QD for my JLUS. Apparently, the ones I wanted from Teraflex are a no-go.

Anybody here installed QDs and are happy with them?

Note: I liked the Teraflex QDs, because they attached to a stud bracket. No need to bring them inside the jeep and have them rolling around somewhere. I'm open to similar solutions.
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Looking to get sway bar QD for my JLUS. Apparently, the ones I wanted from Teraflex are a no-go.

Anybody here installed QDs and are happy with them?

Note: I liked the Teraflex QDs, because they attached to a stud bracket. No need to bring them inside the jeep and have them rolling around somewhere. I'm open to similar solutions.
I haven't seen any available for the JL yet. I'd like to get a set as well for my wife's sport.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
All,

I've finally installed the Teraflex Sway Bar Quick Disconnects as described in my earlier post #23. With only one run under my belt with them (so far), Wheeler Lake in Pike National Forest just north of Alma CO, I couldn't be any happier.

This trail is rated Difficult-Severe and I made it to the top with no trouble. Recall, I have a 2019 Sport S (without lockers). Granted, I had some very good spotting assistance and coaching from members of my MHJC Patrol, certain obstacles on this trail absolutely required the sway bars to be disconnected.

I would have never considered this run without them. Without the extra articulation and traction effort from both the front and rear axles, these obstacles would have required another Jeep to pull from above.

Also after installing them initially, while even on a flat surface, a crow bar was required in order to pull the sway bar down on the driver's side in order to reconnect it. However, at the trail I had zero issues either disconnecting or reconnecting both sides. This time I started the reconnect effort on the driver's side while aired down.

However, a crow bar will now be required as off-road standard equipment. Still I'm very happy, at least initially, with this quick disconnect kit.

The length of the Teraflex Sway Bar Links also lift the sway bar about 2 to 3 inches higher when connected as compared with the stock links. The Sway Bar now rides at a positive 30° angle above horizontal. With the stock links, the Sway Bar was almost horizontal (maybe a little lower). I don't suspect this will be a problem, it rides fine with everything connected. Maybe a suspension expert can chime in here.

Hope this helps.
Jay

Last edited:

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
All,

I've finally installed the Teraflex Sway Bar Quick Disconnects as described in my earlier post #23. With only one run under my belt with them (so far), Wheeler Lake in Pike National Forest just north of Alma CO, I couldn't be any happier.

This trail is rated Difficult-Severe and I made it to the top with no trouble. Recall, I have a 2019 Sport S (without lockers). Granted, I had some very good spotting assistance and coaching from members of my MHJC Patrol, certain obstacles on this trail absolutely required the sway bars to be disconnected.

I would have never considered this run without them. Without the extra articulation and traction effort from both the front and rear axles, these obstacles would have required another Jeep to pull from above.

Also after installing them initially, while even on a flat surface, a crow bar was required in order to pull the sway bar down on the driver's side in order to reconnect it. However, at the trail I had zero issues either disconnecting or reconnecting both sides. This time I started the reconnect effort on the driver's side while aired down.

However, a crow bar will now be required as off-road standard equipment. Still I'm very happy, at least initially, with this quick disconnect kit.

The length of the Teraflex Sway Bar Links also lift the sway bar about 2 to 3 inches higher when connected as compared with the stock links. The Sway Bar now rides at a positive 30° angle above horizontal. With the stock links, the Sway Bar was almost horizontal (maybe a little lower). I don't suspect this will be a problem, it rides fine with everything connected. Maybe a suspension expert can chime in here.

Hope this helps.
Jay
These work on stock height sport, or do you have suspension mods as well? Have a buddy with a Sahara that's looking to add QDs but I was under the impression they all are for a bigger lift height than stock sport/sahara.

jeepoch

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Sport S 3.6L Auto 2 door, 2.5" lift, 35s
These work on stock height sport, or do you have suspension mods as well? Have a buddy with a Sahara that's looking to add QDs but I was under the impression they all are for a bigger lift height than stock sport/sahara.
Jesse,

Sorry I forgot to mention (dah), I have the standard Mopar lift with 35" tires. My overall resultant lift is about 4.5" above stock height. My stock tires were 31.5" Michelins. However, this Teraflex Quick Disconnect kit advertised it will work between 0 to 6" of lift. On my rig, I get about 3" of height from the lift, and the other 1.5 inches from the larger tires.

Here are a few pic's from the Wheeler Lake trail.

Jay

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation on Sway Bar Quick Disconnects? IMG_20200901_113102

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation on Sway Bar Quick Disconnects? IMG_20200901_112359

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation on Sway Bar Quick Disconnects? IMG_20200901_121217

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation on Sway Bar Quick Disconnects? IMG_20200901_112433

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation on Sway Bar Quick Disconnects? IMG_20200901_144629
Sponsored