Sponsored

Test drove Land Rover Defender

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
UK taxes are a bitch. That 20% is already applied to their price as I understand it. So US prices are going to be less. Wouldn't matter if it's a car from the UK or a car from the US. It's the taxes that kill it.

Cool so we agree.

This whole thing was because the other guy was trying to say that the price of the Grenadier in the US would essentially be UK price adjusted to US dollars (so multiplied by 1.26 or if you prefer divided by .7936). My response is that isn't true, and that prices in the US tend to be lower than UK.

Glad we settled it.
Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Cool so we agree.

This whole thing was because the other guy was trying to say that the price of the Grenadier in the US would essentially be UK price adjusted to US dollars (so multiplied by 1.26 or if you prefer divided by .7936). My response is that isn't true, and that prices in the US tend to be lower than UK.

Glad we settled it.
I could have sworn there was something about the Defender being available to import to the UK cheaper after buying in the US. I either need less bourbon..... or more. Cheers.

kre62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Granite
I could have sworn there was something about the Defender being available to import to the UK cheaper after buying in the US. I either need less bourbon..... or more. Cheers.
The answer is always more. And now you've inspired me to break out the Weller Reserve.

madscientist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
Now that the accountant battle is over Id like to say that I like the new Defender but I agree it looks too "finished" or done-up. The last gen Defender looked far more rugged and simple.

Sponsored

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Now that the accountant battle is over Id like to say that I like the new Defender but I agree it looks too "finished" or done-up. The last gen Defender looked far more rugged and simple.
Agree - It is really a Discover LR5, not a Defender...

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
The new Defender is built in Slovakia, not the UK. And LR is owned by an Indian company now.
Sponsored