Sponsored

What's this bracket for?

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a rubicon takeoff steel bumper. All the things I'm learning...like the park sensors have different mounts :(

Anyway, I was going to throw the steel bumper on while I wait for the sensor mounts, but the attached part is in the way. There are two bolts holding it in (it looks like it's also soldered, but don't thing that would be the case). I can't get the bolts out, but still wanted to know what this piece is??

thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL What's this bracket for? IMG_0800
Sponsored

Svcvovtvtv

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
I just got a rubicon takeoff steel bumper. All the things I'm learning...like the park sensors have different mounts :(

Anyway, I was going to throw the steel bumper on while I wait for the sensor mounts, but the attached part is in the way. There are two bolts holding it in (it looks like it's also soldered, but don't thing that would be the case). I can't get the bolts out, but still wanted to know what this piece is??

thanks

Jeep Wrangler JL What's this bracket for? IMG_0800
That bracket is for the plastic bumper. It is not welded remove the bolts and slide it out. It’s not needed for the steel bumper

OP
OP

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
That bracket is for the plastic bumper. It is not welded remove the bolts and slide it out. It’s not needed for the steel bumper
@Svcvovtvtv thanks.... My son's roommate was big enough to get it loose. The rest is easy. Well maybe not so for the tow hook, that's kinda stuck for me too, but I need to get the right adapter for the socket wrench......

Svcvovtvtv

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
@Svcvovtvtv thanks.... My son's roommate was big enough to get it loose. The rest is easy. Well maybe not so for the tow hook, that's kinda stuck for me too, but I need to get the right adapter for the socket wrench......
The brackets for the end caps are different from the plastic to steel so if you didn’t get those with the bumper you will need those also

Sponsored

OP
OP

ekohn00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The brackets for the end caps are different from the plastic to steel so if you didn’t get those with the bumper you will need those also
@Svcvovtvtv got those, thankfully.
Unfortunately my buddy took his sensor with him, so I think the only thing screwing me up right now is the sensor mounts. Found that out AFTER I took the bumper apart. .

I found the schematic on Quadratec and from what I can tell each sensor hole needs 2 unique parts (each hole is different) and a Decoupler ring. Hope that's it!

Svcvovtvtv

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon
@Svcvovtvtv got those, thankfully.
Unfortunately my buddy took his sensor with him, so I think the only thing screwing me up right now is the sensor mounts. Found that out AFTER I took the bumper apart. .

I found the schematic on Quadratec and from what I can tell each sensor hole needs 2 unique parts (each hole is different) and a Decoupler ring. Hope that's it!
That is correct on the brackets
Sponsored