Incentives on factory build

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me out with this one... I ordered my Willys about 10 days ago. Currently Jeep has a West Coast Best Coast $1500 incentive that is good through 3-2-20 for financing with FCA.

My understanding is that since I placed my order during this promotion, then I am guaranteed to get it. Also, I could be eligible for new incentives that pop up before delivery. Is this correct?

Lastly, I didn't do the financing paperwork when I ordered because they needed to get a VIN# first. Makes sense. Anyway, should I be worried that I will lose the $1500 incentive if I don't complete the paperwork before 3-2?
Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Whatever pricing you signed off on when agreeing to put an order in is what you’ll get. I would assume any future promotions that will be valid at the time of delivery are at the dealership’s discretion.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
Hey guys, wondering if anyone can help me out with this one... I ordered my Willys about 10 days ago. Currently Jeep has a West Coast Best Coast $1500 incentive that is good through 3-2-20 for financing with FCA.

My understanding is that since I placed my order during this promotion, then I am guaranteed to get it. Also, I could be eligible for new incentives that pop up before delivery. Is this correct?

Lastly, I didn't do the financing paperwork when I ordered because they needed to get a VIN# first. Makes sense. Anyway, should I be worried that I will lose the $1500 incentive if I don't complete the paperwork before 3-2?
Most manufacturer sponsored incentive programs apply to when the vehicle is purchased - so if the vehicle isn't delivered and sold by the end of the incentive period it typically isn't eligible. Keep in mind most incentive programs are in place to move stock off the lots; if a buyer is able to order and take delivery within that time period that's gravy for the buyer but not guaranteed (unless the buyer can get something from the dealer in writing).

OP
OP

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Most manufacturer sponsored incentive programs apply to when the vehicle is purchased - so if the vehicle isn't delivered and sold by the end of the incentive period it typically isn't eligible. Keep in mind most incentive programs are in place to move stock off the lots; if a buyer is able to order and take delivery within that time period that's gravy for the buyer but not guaranteed (unless the buyer can get something from the dealer in writing).
That's the situation I'm in. I have already agreed to a price and now I'm crossing my fingers for the incentive to come through. Either way, Jeep Wave will be activated in no time!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
This is usually the case 99.99% of the time from my experience.

The opposite can also happen. i have got lucky with a Corvette I ordered years ago. When I ordered the dealer and I signed off on a price, percentage under invoice. There was a new $1000 rebate when the car arrived when I took delivery. The dealer gave me the rebate and subtracted that out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
In my experience I have found what you posted to be true. I replied about this earlier and agreed with you. I would like to add some new info after getting a reply back in another thread about this.

Forum member #Paulwithjeep is a Jeep salesman and posted otherwise.

Here is his direct quote…"Yes Incentives have an expiration date. Most incentives end on the 2nd of the following month. Yes I am 100% positive you can lock in old incentives on a factory order. I have personally done this several times. Every time I go into our system to calculate incentives their is a little button that says "Sold Order Protection". That is the magic button that allows me to base incentives on the day the order was made and not the day they are buying it. This only works on vehicles that are a sold order meaning ordered specifically for someone."

Attached is this link to that thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/clearing-up-some-buying-questions.46598/

OP
OP

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Thanks for the clarification! It looks like I will be heading down to the dealership to make sure this happens. Furthermore, among the mixed messages I have received, is that I can replace the locked in incentive (in this case $1500 from FCA financing) with a better one if it available at time of delivery. For instance, if Jeep has $2000 off on 2020 Wranglers next month (wishful thinking), and I take delivery when that deal is on, then I would get the $2000 instead. As it stands, $1500 is about 5% off on mine, which is significant.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my experience I have found what you posted to be true. I replied about this earlier and agreed with you. I would like to add some new info after getting a reply back in another thread about this.

Forum member #Paulwithjeep is a Jeep salesman and posted otherwise.

Here is his direct quote…"Yes Incentives have an expiration date. Most incentives end on the 2nd of the following month. Yes I am 100% positive you can lock in old incentives on a factory order. I have personally done this several times. Every time I go into our system to calculate incentives their is a little button that says "Sold Order Protection". That is the magic button that allows me to base incentives on the day the order was made and not the day they are buying it. This only works on vehicles that are a sold order meaning ordered specifically for someone."

Attached is this link to that thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/clearing-up-some-buying-questions.46598/
That's great - and in line with my note that the buyer should get such a guarantee that the sale is eligible for the incentive in writing from the dealer, which this salesperson appears able to do for qualified orders.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
That's great - and in line with my note that the buyer should get such a guarantee that the sale is eligible for the incentive in writing from the dealer, which this salesperson appears able to do for qualified orders.
And what if the TreadLightly thing comes in after you place the order? Could you add that discount to the deal if you didn't have it when the order was placed or is it either/or?

I dont get how the factory orders work. You fully purchase the car on order? But you get possession, financing and insurance when it is delivered? I assume you could lock in financing in advance. Probably the same for insurance.

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And what if the TreadLightly thing comes in after you place the order? Could you add that discount to the deal if you didn't have it when the order was placed or is it either/or?

I dont get how the factory orders work. You fully purchase the car on order? But you get possession, financing and insurance when it is delivered? I assume you could lock in financing in advance. Probably the same for insurance.
If by "TreadLightly thing" you mean the FCA Affiliate Reward discount, of which TL is just one of many eligible programs, I'd guess that's really between you and your dealer. If you've already made your deal without having introduced your intent to use the Affiliate Reward and go forward with the order I can't say how the dealer would respond. Personally (and this is just me) I'd be upfront about my intent to use an AR discount. Negotiate the best deal possible and THEN say you also have an AR eligible program you want to use and the dealer *should* accept it as that additional 1% is not made up by them and since the code generated for an AR discount has an expiration date, so it's totally normal not to generate the code until delivery is underway (since many programs have a limit on how many codes one can generate in a particular time period). So I'd negotiate the deal to get bottom dollar, say I have an AR discount program I want to use, (hopefully) get that additional discount reflected in the order, put down the deposit (if required), get my copy and wait for delivery.

If, however, you are asking about waiting until delivery and then springing a TL/AR discount demand . . . well, again that would really be between you and your dealer. I can't see myself doing that any more than I'd be receptive to the dealer springing last minute markups on me. That's not to say that the dealer wouldn't accept it, I don't know - just speaking for how I do things.

As my employer has employee discount membership with more companies (including car companies) than you can shake a stick at I'd be getting my AR code through them vs TL. If I were to join TL it would be for their good work - though it's great that so many people join them just for the discount as it helps fund that good work.

Sponsored

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
If ... work.
I didn't mean to play games. I meant if someone wants to order a Jeep in February when there are FCA incentives of $2,000 (if that is accurate) and they join Treadlightly now, they won't get their letter for a few weeks so they may not get that discount now. I was asking if they could still take advantage of both discounts when negotiating a price. Lock in the February incentive in February and get the 1% off when it arrives.

Was hoping @PaulwithJeep might know.

OP
OP

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
I didn't mean to play games. I meant if someone wants to order a Jeep in February when there are FCA incentives of $2,000 (if that is accurate) and they join Treadlightly now, they won't get their letter for a few weeks so they may not get that discount now. I was asking if they could still take advantage of both discounts when negotiating a price. Lock in the February incentive in February and get the 1% off when it arrives.

Was hoping @PaulwithJeep might know.
Hey Richard, just to clarify, the $1500 is a West Coast offer. I see that you are in NY. Hopefully they have an offer for your market soon! This forum has a tremendous amount of great information. I just wish that I came across it before placing my order. Knowledge is power.

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Richard, just to clarify, the $1500 is a West Coast offer. I see that you are in NY. Hopefully they have an offer for your market soon! This forum has a tremendous amount of great information. I just wish that I came across it before placing my order. Knowledge is power.
Ah, we had 2K off on 2019s. Not sure about 2020, doe t look like it.

Stain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can you point me to the $1500 West Coast offer? Are these on 2020s? I've been browsing/shopping for a few months and am about to place an order, and all I see is the $2000 rebate on 2019s.

OP
OP

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys Sport
Can you point me to the $1500 West Coast offer? Are these on 2020s? I've been browsing/shopping for a few months and am about to place an order, and all I see is the $2000 rebate on 2019s.
I just tried looking too. It seems to have vanished into thin air. It was a regional deal through Chrysler Financial.
Sponsored