The next version (v.13) of Apple’s iOS is due soon and it will bring the biggest improvements to CarPlay yet.
Jeep owners who use CarPlay on their Uconnect systems will be able to enjoy these new upgrades (among others):
- a side-by-side screen where you can see navigation and your music on the same screen
- now if you go to look at your actual iPhone’s screen, it doesn’t take your Jeep’s infotainment screen back to the home screen
- a new calendar app in CarPlay, so you can click on address links on your calendar without having to type them in
- Siri will no longer take over the whole screen when receiving your voice input. Instead, a visual indicator will appear across the bottom of the display
- new light mode (default dark mode will still be available)