Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Not suggesting Jeep will go out of business, but suggesting FCA will need to struggle to remain as conveniently profitable. I sense from your gist you are not in favor of buyers having a greater range of choice as to how to allocate their resources; the status quo being satisfactory and should remain so..... I consider that a very liberal orientation of perception.

I'm sure of nothing regarding the future.
i used to order 50 years ago when you could pretty much order what you wanted but then all car companies got smart and figured out they could do packages and trim combinations to get more money. Ford is no different.
Sponsored

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Built Rubicon replaced modestly built stolen '87 XJ
Occupation
Nose Picker
i used to order 50 years ago when you could pretty much order what you wanted
Hmmm...dropped off, oh well...there's always another way.

I remember that experience as well and still demand it...Do you think it's a bad thing or somehow inappropriate to hold out for what one wants? I believe that handing others control in determining what I want is nothing more than mental weakness. That weakness is what determines who gets rich and who doesn't; who survives and who doesn't; who's happy and who isn't. It remains to be seen if Ford is trying something a bit different today. FCA is counting on Ford not doing anything different.

It'sBeenSaid.jpg

Last edited:

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No car company, except maybe Bentley, is going to break down each option individually because you want it that way. You have zero control to have them do that. They don't care about the individual but instead the masses. Thinking they will is mental weakness.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
"They don't care about the individual but instead the masses. Thinking they will is mental weakness."

You might do a little more research regarding current publications of what's coming and intended to be offered by Ford and its philosophy regarding flexibility, emphasizing individuality. Considering what I've been reading, and some of it is from Ford and much from informed observer/participants, many themselves Wrangler owners, you're not up to date. I love what Jeeps do, but I've never loved Jeeps to the point that I think they can do no better nor at better value. Such opinions, ideas, observations and beliefs are quickly put down by those whose toes are stepped on believing FCA offers the most complete and very best of what a total 4 wheeling experience from prep to obstacles should be...for ever and ever!

Last edited:

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll believe it when sonething official comes out that you can order whatever you want on the Bronco. Observers and company marketing aren't reliable.

HardSell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Nose Picker
Hi Christopher, I apologize for the miscommunication. We can't seem to find your private message. Please send us your concerns via PM, and we will gladly assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Someone's trying and that's good for you Mr. Bell... I bet you'll get this resolved. Got a hunch all this chat got a little attention. Jeep cares stays busy as it should. Reassuring to know there's no vacuum. Sometimes it's appropriate to root for both teams.

KKeople

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
UPDATE:

I got my Wrangler back from the dealer yesterday. It turns out the Z FUSE was incorrectly installed at the factory and was replaced. Also the Z FUSE to PDC was found to be cracked and was replaced. That's it.
I know this is an old thread, but I just recently bought a JLUR and had nearly the same exact issue that you originally explained. Curious if this was the fix and if you’ve had any more problems like this? TIA

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I know I'll get flamed for this...but I would NEVER trust putting my family in that vehicle again and would (along with my attorney) be DEMANDING a new vehicle with no additional cost to me.
Well at least you're not ranting Lemon Law this time. I'll buy some popcorn to watch you and your attorney demand a new vehicle. It'll be sure to give everyone in the dealership some side splitting laughter.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
With all the new JL electronic crap destined to interdependently cause ignition failure, getting a new Jeep increases the probability of such failure factored over time. Inconvenient on tarmac; deadly in the areas Jeeps are supposedly built for. I believe FCJ and Boeing share a common vision for fuel economy over safety and dependability.

Jeep Wrangler JL Wrangler died while driving! It'sBeenSaid
The actions of a few can tear down the reputation of a company of over a hundrend thousand good people.

Sponsored

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
Well at least you're not ranting Lemon Law this time. I'll buy some popcorn to watch you and your attorney demand a new vehicle. It'll be sure to give everyone in the dealership some side splitting laughter.
Douches gonna douche

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
That was over 2 years ago. Maybe you need to be juuuuuuust a tad faster on the comebacks.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Had this happen in a 1990 Town Car one time, between Palm Springs and LA. Everything just died and I had to coast to a stop on the side of the road.

After a 95 mile tow to Pasadena (thanks AAA!) it turned out to be a bad fuel pump. $300 later and I was on the road again.

Simpler times.

Boutch76

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL 2D Manual
I have had the same problem. My 2018 Jeep JL has had more issues than my Toyota 2005 Corolla. I regret my purchase and will never buy a Jeep again
Sponsored