Sponsored

Wind Funneling Noise

Punk'n It All Up

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Hey everyone, I just purchased my first Jeep at the end of October. I love everything about it. However, I have one issue that has been bothering me. The front passenger side door by either upper window or where the soft top meets the windshield/door has been making a constant wind funneling noise once you reach 28-30mph and beyond. I understand that wind noise happens and perfectly fine when the rear panels rattle from wind for example, but this sounds like air is leaking into the cabin where it doesn't anywhere else. It's a very annoying sound, and sounds like something is not sealed correctly. I notified the dealer of this and they heard what I heard and let service deal with it. I get told later that day that it is a "common thing" with Jeeps, which I knew was going to be their response because it is much easier to just say "It's a Jeep". I have test drove two other JL's at a different dealership prior to purchase and was amazed at how quiet they were, and all of them were/are premium soft top's.

I feel like maybe there is a weatherstripping issue by the top of window or windshield, but by sight it's hard to see any issues. I searched this forum, but don't see others having the same issue. Any help or guidance will be much appreciated! Like I said, I love my Jeep, and took great pride in working hard to be able to purchase one. I just want this problem fixed so I can be at ease.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Move the door in 1/8" and that usually stops the HISSING/BREEZE--

felt tip mark the INSIDE EDGE of the body hinges and loosen the TORX. cover the felt line--retighten--

You probably have to remove the front passenger door, although I didn't on my '08 JKUR-

I did both, driver/passenger--PERFECT !

Good luck

JIMBO

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
@JIMBOX, correct me if I'm wrong, but the door hinges do not have Torx bolts where they attach to the frame. The strikers do, however... which ones are you suggesting to adjust?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Yes, on the doors (body frame)--should be 2-15mm bolts--

Trace the INSIDE VERTICAL EDGE and move the hinge to JUST cover the FELT LINE-

It worked on mine, so good luck--