Will this wheel set up work?

MattC

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE JLU Willys
Hello! Sorry, I am not a wheel fitment expert. I am getting my 2019 JLUR any day now. I purchased wheels with the following specs:

17x9"/5x127mm, -12mm offset

If I put on 35” tires will I have any issues with the JLUR? Will they stick out with that offset? Thanks in advance for the help!
Sponsored

American Jeeper

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Software & cloud services
Vehicle Showcase
Check out this thread discussing zero offset wheels. 1.2 cm isn’t too far away, but there are a lot of factors that could some into play, including tire width and actual tire size...

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ideal-offset-backspacing-jl.4270/

Most are probably not answering because they don’t want to tell you the wrong thing. Truth is your results may vary. Since you already ordered the wheels, try it, and if you need a lift, buy one. I would say stick with 12.5” width tires or less.

Titan2727

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Will be fine.

Will stick out about 3-4" off the flare

What's your tire width though?

OP
OP

MattC

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE JLU Willys
Will be fine.

Will stick out about 3-4" off the flare

What's your tire width though?
I was going to put the 33” OEM tires on the new wheels but am now leaning towards 35x12.5x17 KO2s. I am giving my 2014 JKU to my son and might put the RUBI wheels on the JKU. This seems possible I hear if 1.5” spacers are added but I’d like to avoid using spacers if I can. The JKU isn’t lifted.

OP
OP

MattC

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE JLU Willys
....also, would 17x9 5x5 0mm offset be better on the JLUR? I like Baja style wheels. I purchased American Racing but could go to Pro Comp if need be and put the ARs on the JKU.

Decisions!!! Decisions!!!

JlURT

First Name
WILLY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlURT18'
The wheel you have should work no problem. Only issue with that is all tires run differently in size even though they advertise a certain size. So, it co.es down to tires specs
Sponsored