Sponsored

Wheeler Lake with rubi

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am almost the new owner of a new JLU Rubicon. I have watched some videos on Wheeler Lake outside of Breckenridge and parts look tough. However, there are also some by passes I have heard. Will my new Rubicon without mods be capable of this trail without bashing it up?

BTW: this is my first post. Happy to be here and thanks.
Sponsored

jl_colllllllorado

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdesertwheelers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 37s
Vehicle Showcase
I am almost the new owner of a new JLU Rubicon. I have watched some videos on Wheeler Lake outside of Breckenridge and parts look tough. However, there are also some by passes I have heard. Will my new Rubicon without mods be capable of this trail without bashing it up?

There are easier lines to chose in the beginning,but up top it’s pretty well dug out, depending on how much snow it has now ,stock height may stop you, I took my JK a month ago

EE28C00F-FA0B-4BF1-82B7-D8C577A44418.jpeg

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I'm not sure if you've found trailsoffroad yet but that's a great source for trail information (https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/494-wheeler-lake-co). Is this your first Jeep and are you new to trails? I've been looking at Wheeler Lake and there are some sections that require good driving and decision making regardless of the vehicle. If you haven't had a lot of experience of wheeling before then I'd say start with something else and see how the Jeep handles

OP
OP
Geos7812

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Thanks. This is my second Jeep and I do have some experience. I am thinking in the spring/summer after putting a few miles on the new Jeep. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored