Sponsored

What wheels are these?

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
They look a little like JL/JT wheels, and they have use 14x1.5 lug nuts like the JT.

First pic is of wheels in question. 18” wheels
Second pic is of 17” wheels that come with the JT Sport model

c-aqnrecjqhskpbatnqdszcghkxm2lmeqmk-ehhkb_iibyry1ls9kq3nr23f4jhhfslfa-_nc_ht-scontent-ort2-2-jpg.jpg

JT wheels
vlulacuunnmkb6ruxgemk1cvw-gwce6xpsvwgahugz6wrr_r9zpxljdjlaaxqlmf1n8vy-_nc_ht-scontent-ort2-1-jpg.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yes, the JK uses 1/2"x20 thread lug nuts torqued to 80 ft lbs, the JL uses 14mm x 1.50 torqued to 130 ft lbs but both vehicles can use the same wheels.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Yes, the JK uses 1/2"x20 thread lug nuts torqued to 80 ft lbs, the JL uses 14mm x 1.50 torqued to 130 ft lbs but both vehicles can use the same wheels.
Thanks.

Now one more question, is getting 5 of these as pictured (1 yr old tires) for $600 a good deal? In my area I can't find KO2s of any size for less than $1000 used and with 5000 miles on them. To buy new would cost me $1500 for 5 new tires. These have about 500 miles on them and came from a customer at a local Jeep shop who bought them but his wife didn't care for them, old guy, been sitting in a barn since then. I'm seeing Jeep JL/JT wheels/tires go for $500 on just the stock Bridgestones, so figured the KO2s alone would be worth it

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
Thanks.

Now one more question, is getting 5 of these as pictured (1 yr old tires) for $600 a good deal? In my area I can't find KO2s of any size for less than $1000 used and with 5000 miles on them. To buy new would cost me $1500 for 5 new tires. These have about 500 miles on them and came from a customer at a local Jeep shop who bought them but his wife didn't care for them, old guy, been sitting in a barn since then. I'm seeing Jeep JL/JT wheels/tires go for $500 on just the stock Bridgestones, so figured the KO2s alone would be worth it
A good deal is completely subjective to the buyer, but in this case you're looking at $60 per rim, and $60 per tire. You can't find that new anywhere.

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
A good deal is completely subjective to the buyer, but in this case you're looking at $60 per rim, and $60 per tire. You can't find that new anywhere.
It was either these or drive 4hrs to get a set of Falken Wildpeaks in similar age/condition for $400, and use the spare OEM rims I have listed.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Yep, I'd say that's a nice score!
And that wheel style is easy to paint if you want to change the look down the road.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Thanks.

Yes that's a good deal. Corey broke it down perfectly. You can't even find that price on cheap wheels/tires.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
And just because I liked the way it looked, here's a photo.
I put the polished version of those rims (with KO2's too) on my wife's Grand Cherokee. That design is one of my favorite Jeep rims offered, either polished or silver. You'll love them, and they'll look great on a JL.

16 11-1 2 resize.jpg

OP
OP
PyrPatriot

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
And just because I liked the way it looked, here's a photo.
I put the polished version of those rims (with KO2's too) on my wife's Grand Cherokee. That design is one of my favorite Jeep rims offered, either polished or silver. You'll love them, and they'll look great on a JL.

16 11-1 2 resize.jpg

Thanks. They are actually going on a JT. Combination makes the diameter of tire 1” bigger, so a small boost, at a very small cost to mph/mpg. I think calculations had 55mph actually being 56.2mph. As these are off-road/snow only, the stock tires/wheels will be on the JT 95% of the time and so I wont bother recalibrating.

I personally love the stock JT wheel look (sport)

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
If you're getting the BFG KO2's, they're not rated off-road/snow only. You can use them year round on and off road. Or are you only using them for that purpose?

Either way, yes your calculation is correct. The difference in the speedometer will be minimal. Not enough that I'd re-calibrate for it either, even if I wasn't using them for off-road/snow only.
Sponsored