Sponsored

What color is this?

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can somebody tell me what color this is? I am told it is a 2020 and I am guessing it is billet silver. I inquired about it and the salesman will only tell me they have black and silver. I asked for the VINs of both the black and silver so I could look up the build list, but he seems like a typical idiot salesman who wants to play games. The add mentioned this one has the tow package and I confirmed it in one of the photos (you can see the aux switches) but when I asked him he said they don't have any in stock with the tow package right now. So this may be old photos of previous inventory. Anyways wondering if this is what the billet silver looks like or what color is it as I like it and can't really match it up on the Jeep site.

s640_47c46fa29aee334537eaea9429441.jpg

s640_47c46fa29aea6f4537eadd4564236.jpg
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Hard to tell with the pic lighting.

Looks like
  • Billet Silver Metallic

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Sport S, Willys and Black & Tan trims come in the following colors:
  • Sting-Gray
  • Billet Silver Metallic
  • Ocean Blue Metallic
  • Mojito!
  • Bikini Pearl-Coat
  • Granite Crystal Metallic
  • Bright White
  • Punk’n Metallic
  • Firecracker Red
  • Black

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
As said above. Jeep calls that color Sting Grey. It is a medium grey with no metal flake or pearl in it. What we used to call a solid color and some now refer to as flat. To me flat is a color with no gloss. This color is glossy.

It’s a great color, but not for everyone as it doesn’t have that sparkly “pop” when it’s out in the sun.

Last edited:
OP
OP

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Okay I will go with the sting grey as that looks the closest. Guess they just keep putting up old adds of vehicles they don't have as I don't see it in inventory. Thanks.

Sponsored

G13

First Name
Shundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6
It’s Sting Gray, and Sting Gray is not Flat. I know be ause I have one, and I hoped for Flat (Matte).

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to tell with the pic lighting.

Looks like
  • Billet Silver Metallic

The 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport, Sport S, Willys and Black & Tan trims come in the following colors:
  • Sting-Gray
  • Billet Silver Metallic
  • Ocean Blue Metallic
  • Mojito!
  • Bikini Pearl-Coat
  • Granite Crystal Metallic
  • Bright White
  • Punk’n Metallic
  • Firecracker Red
  • Black
Not even close to billet silver....which is this:

Jeep Wrangler JL What color is this? billet silver

OP posted this: (which is Sting Gray)
Jeep Wrangler JL What color is this? sting gray 2

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@limeade

I searched the internet for pic of 2020 Willys.. Dependent on lighting, the colors can change dramatically in the sunlight and then when in shade, and in betweens. So, who knows what that color is for sure based on the pic.

I suggest the OP, go to that dealerships website where that Willy's will be listed in NEW vehicles on site. There it will give exact color, options and all... plus more pics of that vehicle.

FCA puts the new vehicle info on the dealerships website in regard to vehicles actually there or on the way there.

OP
OP

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
@limeade

I searched the internet for pic of 2020 Willys.. Dependent on lighting, the colors can change dramatically in the sunlight and then when in shade, and in betweens. So, who knows what that color is for sure based on the pic.

I suggest the OP, go to that dealerships website where that Willy's will be listed in NEW vehicles on site. There it will give exact color, options and all... plus more pics of that vehicle.

FCA puts the new vehicle info on the dealerships website in regard to vehicles actually there or on the way there.

I did go to their site and it doesn't exist. This is a salesman who works for the dealer listing it on a "Craigslist" type of site to get your interest except the vehicle doesn't exist. I know every vehicle they have and was surprised when I saw this and thought the inventory was not updated yet. However it is just the salesman trying to lure people in. They only have a black or silver Willys in stock. BTW, this is overseas where this dealer is the only one that sells American spec vehicles. I might consider the silver Willys unless they get a decent JLUR in.

Thanks everybody for your help.
Sponsored