Ursa Minor Installed

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless but still a fan.
Ordered last Sept, got to take delivery of my J30 top at Ursa Minor today. Long day of down and back to Portland, but was fun seeing the shop/meeting John and shooting the shit about how he started this company.

Looking forward to making a review vid from the perspective of a retired auto technician - doing my own wiring and John was cool about giving me a greatly reduced installation rate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Ursa Minor Installed IMG_20210506_135813_558
Jeep Wrangler JL Ursa Minor Installed IMG_20210506_135813_585
Jeep Wrangler JL Ursa Minor Installed IMG_20210506_135813_619

Jeep Wrangler JL Ursa Minor Installed IMG_20210506_193718_327
Sponsored

Last edited:

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Congratulations! The Ursa Minor is definitely the way to go.
I get more envious every time I see a finished install.

PinoyPinay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Software Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I envy you (can't wait for mine), I ordered mine early January 2021...hoping to get it before November for a 7 day Utah excursion by the Maze district. John said maybe by end of June (finger crossed).

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnnyj

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whats your overall height installed?
I will check later - but I can barely (but fully) pull into a standard garage door size garage. That's on a Rubi, too, which sits a little higher than a sport or sahara. Rule of thumb is normal size garage you should be good to go.

OP
OP
johnnyj

johnnyj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I envy you (can't wait for mine), I ordered mine early January 2021...hoping to get it before November for a 7 day Utah excursion by the Maze district. John said maybe by end of June (finger crossed).
Rad - yea they're slammed. John wasn't incorrect when he said they couldn't build em fast enough at this point. It's definitely a pain to wait, but will be worth it. I have zero issues with mine. I'm waiting on a nicer day to shoot a review. There's a few floating out around on youtube but none from the angle I want to take - materials and construction from the perspective of a retired tech. There's good things to be said about these things, and a few design areas that could be improved (but don't amount anywhere near a complaint.)
Sponsored