Updating Steering System

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimted Sport
Looking to upgrade my steering system (tie rod / drag link / stabilizer). I have a JLU with a metalcloak ture dual 2.5". For looks consistency I am thinking of going with the MC parts above to keep the same "look" (zinc plating). Are there better brands / options for those parts? Is MC still a top choice for the steering parts with rocksport shock?

Current Contenders:
MetalCloak
Steer Smarts
Sysnergy

Any others i should be looking at?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
What Steering Stabilizer are you going to run? I ask because if you are going to run the Falcon nexus, the Teraflex HD Chomoly drag link includes the bracket & track bar bolt for relocating the stabilizer. I am very happy with it. (I have the Synergy tie rod as I was thinking about the possibility of flipping steering, but did not need to)

OP
OP

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have no specific stabilizer in mind.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Following this thread. I’m on the same boat as you. I have MC Gamechanger 2.5 and deciding between MC and Steersmarts steering system. Interested in feedback from people running these.

OP
OP

DARAMOS

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the Rust's recommendation. Looks stout.

What stabilizer do people recommend? When i talked to MC they recommend the FOX - TS, but from the JK version due to mounting.

Would this be the same for Synergy and Steer Smarts? Looking at prices and Memorial Day deals for best $$.... MC still has not announced any discounts. I may be able to get through Northridge or similar for 10% off...
Sponsored