MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all.... I find quite a few people in here have the 7 inch or are asking questions about upgrading to the 7 inch. I upgraded my Sport S Unlimited Turbo to the 7 inch with Alpine (infotainment package i think it was called).
Generally speaking, I like the android auto. However, I found--- well--- I think I found a glitchy audio problem while listening to the radio. Today while driving--- the sound over several broadcast radio stations sounded lower --less powerful than I am used to. It was almost like the I turned the audio dial down about by 15-20 on the dial. However, even turning the dial all that way up did not bring it as loud as normal. Another odd thing was the audio seemed to be---- oscillating in and out slightly...very slightly. like, for lack of a better explanation--it was going up and down about 2-3 on the dial.

Has anyone else experienced this? or something like it?
Thanks!
Sponsored

redracer

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Simply... Yes. Audio will be normal most times, but then other times it will be quiet, oscillate, or have low signal. I requested that my dealer do the firmware update on it, but instead they just ordered a replacement weeks ago, with no word of its status.

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Mine varies in volume sometimes also.

Did you replace the antenna or are you still on the stock antenna?

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Have any of you checked the settings in the audio for speed adjustment? I forget what the specific option is but you have a setting that will increase and decrease the volume automatically depending on your speed. I believe there are three levels to this setting for how much it will adjust the volume.

If you have not checked this setting look for what it is set to and turn it off. If it was on does turning it off fix the issue?

OP
OP

MisFiTkEv

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport S 2.0l Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mine varies in volume sometimes also.

Did you replace the antenna or are you still on the stock antenna?
stock antenna... turned off sound adj for speed

Sponsored

zv001

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I had the exact same issue on a couple mornings in a row, but it was only in the morning on the way to work. If I shut off and turned back on the jeep it worked fine again until the next day. Only had the cruise control recall update done not sure if it's related but hasn't happened since those couple days.

darlene

First Name
Tink
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito
I've had this problem with the volume suddenly going down too. I read on another thread that if you press the AM button, then back to FM (or XM) the volume goes back to normal. I tried it & it works. It doesn't solve the issue, as to why it does that in the first place, but it gets your volume back. Hope this helps!
Sponsored