Tub Rail Protection

KOKOKO

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willy's, 2022 Silverado Trail Boss
Has anyone seen an appealing cover for the tub rails when the top is off? I've searched a few sites but haven't seen anything. I'd like to protect the exposed paint when the top is off. Usually use spray on bed liner over the rails on my trucks. Anyone try that or have better idea??? Is it called a tub rail?? Thanks everyone.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tub Rail Protection IMG_2867
Sponsored

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
On my TJ I put some 3M clear bra material. I found some on the web and just bought a roll and cut it to fit myself. I just ordered a JL, and plan on doing the same. My TJ if yellowed after a while, but it looked good for over 10 years.

reachkyleh

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport with 33" tires, new stereo
Occupation
Mental Health Stuff
Has anyone seen an appealing cover for the tub rails when the top is off? I've searched a few sites but haven't seen anything. I'd like to protect the exposed paint when the top is off. Usually use spray on bed liner over the rails on my trucks. Anyone try that or have better idea??? Is it called a tub rail?? Thanks everyone.
Jeep Wrangler JL Tub Rail Protection IMG_2867
I like the clear bra idea. Another idea that I haven't actually done is you're looking at threaded bolt holes in this pic. So you could get some type of material (I donno - black plastic that can be cut to fit, can be thick, raised or whatever). But I'd put something soft under it out of sight ie. yoga mat rubber, glue it to the black plastic underneath. Pre drill holes through the plastic at those two threaded holes, then use those two "M" whatever metric sized threaded holes and buy bolts with maybe torx or allen key heads that overlap the holes and thread them down nicely. you can easily remove them when the top is on. I have a black JL. I'm in the same boat. I'm actually still considering building bars like a cop car and mounting them to those holes for a visual deterrent for thieves as I only have a soft top, which I totally love (I have an amp hidden and a sub in the back hidden). Anyway, you could easily make something and still make it look good in my opinion.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
I wasn't even looking for these but those look pretty good. I might have to get some lol!
Nice find @IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

Sponsored

OP
OP
KOKOKO

KOKOKO

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
KOKOKO

KOKOKO

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just looked, the security bolts are still showing as a pre-order. Did yours ever ship?
Negative. Don't have ETA either. I don't need the rail protection for a while so holding out for complete shipment.

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
i've been looking for something like this as well.

i found these: https://www.vividracing.com/-p-154624873.html but it doesn't look like they can stay on when the hardtop goes back on.
If the following is true, you won’t even need to put the top back on!

“Unique Tire Tread Pattern with Spill Groove Prevents Water from Entering the Vehicle”

Definitely on my list, though. Gives a “finished” look for sure.

OP
OP
KOKOKO

KOKOKO

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update...these are great. Nothing but plastic but really finish the look with the top off - especially if you like black trim accents.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tub Rail Protection tempImage2qg32f

tempImageXPntJr.png

Last edited:

IAMTHEBEASTIWORSHIP

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys JLU
Anyone else having issues with their tub liners in the heat? 88 degrees today, seems like this shouldn’t be happening. I’ll reach out to the manufacturer and report back.

4C59982B-DB55-4448-93F3-E1386A1F5BAC.jpeg

OP
OP
KOKOKO

KOKOKO

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone else having issues with their tub liners in the heat? 88 degrees today, seems like this shouldn’t be happening. I’ll reach out to the manufacturer and report back.

Jeep Wrangler JL Tub Rail Protection 4C59982B-DB55-4448-93F3-E1386A1F5BAC
That stinks. I havne't used mine much yet. I'll know more this weekend when temps hit 100. I'll report back. Please provide manufacturer feedback.
Sponsored