OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Also upon further measuring, squinting, head shaking and maybe some window licking I'm thinking center to center on the mounts is 17.3125" (that's 17-5/16" to the non-dumb machinists)

It's surprisingly difficult to measure due to the heavy corner radii of the roto molded plastic and the fact that the slots already sit in a recess in the body of the containers

20211015_162144.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
D60

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ok well this is mostly just gratuitous picture whoring because it doesn't have a whole lot to do with the project, except to say that the "copy" survived the weekend with aplomb. Now, I only had one 2 gallon water container on there (see previous rant about USPS), but we had three solid days of highway and trail with two nights camping. Nothing seemed to rattle, flex or loosen up. I don't think I ever got much above ~72mph and when we did have heavy wind it was a crosswind on the passenger side of the vehicle, so it was not hitting the rack.....so I can't say conclusively that it may not flex at ~80mph with Wyoming or Texas-level winds.

Had a great 3-day weekend with @Mugzzzee and one other friend.

NOW I'm considering dropping the 2 lower Paxii even a bit more and then trying for a third up top, centered. I feel 4 might be a bit much on one side but three seems reasonable-ish.

Lockhart1.jpg

Lockhart2.jpg

Lockhart3.jpg