Sponsored

Tracking Data Question for JLWF Dealer Guy

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
First, a big thanks for all of the work you do in maintaining the tracking spreadsheet. I have a question that I think interests many members of this forum regarding the data behind that document. The question is whether you have any background on its origins and accuracy.

Before I go any further, I want to make it clear that I understand you have no control over this data, so anything below that may appear to be critical is not directed at you or anyone else that works to deliver this information to us. It’s just that I’m now aware of at least three FCA data sets that contain build status information, and all appear to be different. I’m curious if you have any insight into why that may be.

The three data sets I know of are the set used to generate POC’s, a Toledo North factory data set that an FCA employee on Reddit is drawing from to provide updates, and the set used to generate the spreadsheet. To use my 2dr order as an example, POC’s show me as being in D1 status for the last 16 days with an estimated ship date of April 28, 2018. Factory data from two days ago also shows me at D1, but with an assigned gateline number for an estimated April 30, 2018 date to enter the body shop. The tracking spreadsheet continues to show me at D for over two months, including today.

I’m not alone in this. I pretty much live in the 2dr Master Thread in the Pricing and Ordering Discussion on this board. Several of us on the spreadsheet are moving into D1 and even KZ status for 2drs according to factory data, which is causing a fair bit of welcome excitement. However, there’s no corroboration, and virtually no movement in the spreadsheet tracking data for 2drs, for over a week. Again, curious if you have any idea why.
Sponsored

JLWF Dealer Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Occupation
Jeep Dealer / Singer of Sentimental Ballads
Data is pulled directly from the tracking service FCA offers the dealers. I have no idea why your build doesn’t move here other than it isn’t built.

OP
OP
warc1

warc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2dr JL Rubicon, 2016 Corvette Z06
Appreciate the response, but I'm confused. Are you saying that orders don't even show up as D1 on the tracking data unless they're built?

NextStep9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler JKU Sahara
It would be helpful to know when the May build tracking spreadsheet will be available? I sent in the required information with Paypal payment on May 1st when the tracking service was open but I haven't received a response? Puzzled?

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
It would be helpful to know when the May build tracking spreadsheet will be available? I sent in the required information with Paypal payment on May 1st when the tracking service was open but I haven't received a response? Puzzled?
This isn't the thread for that question. Go check ORDER TRACKING for your Jeep Wrangler.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Sorry, @NextStep9 , I didn’t mean to annoy you.

The thread I referred you to is one that JWLF Dealer Guy reads/posts in regularly, since that is where his spreadsheet update posts go.

THIS thread was posted by a user asking him for some subset of information. There’s no guarantee, since he posted his reply in this thread, that he would come back and see your message and answer you. You didn’t tag him, to alert him you were asking a question or anything else.

I was merely trying to help you get the information you desired by directing you to the correct thread. Please accept my apologies. I’ll think twice before I try to help out again.

I hope you have a great day and find all the answers to your questions!

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Data is pulled directly from the tracking service FCA offers the dealers. I have no idea why your build doesn’t move here other than it isn’t built.
Where do I find the spr4adsheet?

CohuttaDen

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon (on order)
Where do I find the spr4adsheet?
An unnamed series of events ended in tracking no longer being permitted. JLWF Dealer Guy offered to return everyones money (I declined his generous offer). The day before the lists "disappeared", our status lists were replaced with one word: "Marion".

Reading between the lines, my >>theory<< is that Jeep found out that were were getting tacking information with details that were "inconvenient". For example, the "ALLNEWWRANGLER" process had very limited information, including NEVER having dates, including not having dates EVEN AFTER THE JEEPS WERE ALREADY DELIVERED. When our folks would contact the support lines, I assume the fact that we had more information than the so called service process was causing embarrassment and escalations. When they found out that the mere customers have information beyond "your jeep is in marion, and you will get it when you get it, and by the way, it can stay in KZ for up to 6 weeks", for FCA the only logical thing to do was to black out the leak and force JLWF dealer to shut down the service. I am sure they pointed out that JLWF Dealer Guy charging for the service was monetizing his access rights inappropriately.

If this "THEORY" is correct, sadly FCA missed the point entirely. The lack of informaiton is the issue, not people using other means to obtain the information. They are counting on the number of ticked off customers not accounting for many, mainly because they are they kind of consumers that "Take" statements like "it will take as long as it takes" in good humor.

remind- this is all a theory, Jeep and JLWF Dealer have not revealed to my knowledge the actual series of events.

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

An unnamed series of events ended in tracking no longer being permitted. JLWF Dealer Guy offered to return everyones money (I declined his generous offer). The day before the lists "disappeared", our status lists were replaced with one word: "Marion".

Reading between the lines, my >>theory<< is that Jeep found out that were were getting tacking information with details that were "inconvenient". For example, the "ALLNEWWRANGLER" process had very limited information, including NEVER having dates, including not having dates EVEN AFTER THE JEEPS WERE ALREADY DELIVERED. When our folks would contact the support lines, I assume the fact that we had more information than the so called service process was causing embarrassment and escalations. When they found out that the mere customers have information beyond "your jeep is in marion, and you will get it when you get it, and by the way, it can stay in KZ for up to 6 weeks", for FCA the only logical thing to do was to black out the leak and force JLWF dealer to shut down the service. I am sure they pointed out that JLWF Dealer Guy charging for the service was monetizing his access rights inappropriately.

If this "THEORY" is correct, sadly FCA missed the point entirely. The lack of informaiton is the issue, not people using other means to obtain the information. They are counting on the number of ticked off customers not accounting for many, mainly because they are they kind of consumers that "Take" statements like "it will take as long as it takes" in good humor.

remind- this is all a theory, Jeep and JLWF Dealer have not revealed to my knowledge the actual series of events.
That helps - thanks for taking the time to respond
Sponsored