Towing with a soft top

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
In my personal experience, I've found U-Haul trailers to be pretty janky- not well maintained, and the three I've rented all seem to have tires that were at least 20 years old. The last one I rented for a one-way move had its tires underinflated by 25 psi when I took it home. When I asked the manager about that after picking it up- he said they don't check the pressure with a gauge- just a "thumper" they bang against the tire. Great. Too bad there aren't many other one-way trailer options...
The U-haul car-hauler I just rented performed absolutely flawlessly and towed really nicely. Did have to use my own ratchet straps, as their tire straps wouldn't fit on the 33's. Yes, it did have bias-ply Carlisle tires, which is where the absurd 55mph speed limit comes from.
Sponsored

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Just go to a mom and pop uhaul rental place. They never follow the rules. Or pick up after hours, and tell them Your towing with a Silverado. They don’t care. It’s all in the rule book. I worked for the, years ago so I know the drill....