Tinted Tail Lights?

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4-door
Has anybody tinted their tail lights? Due to the complex design of them I was thinking about using a spray tint option, has anybody used this? How does it hold up over time? Pre cut sets of tint?

Thanks all!
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Has anybody tinted their tail lights?
Yes. With these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YCT28SW/ref=twister_B07YCTPKMP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Due to the complex design of them I was thinking about using a spray tint option, has anybody used this? How does it hold up over time?
I've used spray tint on tail lights in the past. As long as the tail lights are prepped properly, you should have no issues.

Pre cut sets of tint?
I'm not sure anyone makes any for the different JL tail lights. If you can find some, they should work just as well.

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. With these:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YCT28SW/ref=twister_B07YCTPKMP?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I've used spray tint on tail lights in the past. As long as the tail lights are prepped properly, you should have no issues.

I'm not sure anyone makes any for the different JL tail lights. If you can find some, they should work just as well.
Three ideas for the price of one! Thanks!

I live in Canada and those tail lights currently are not shipping up here unfortunately. I may try the spray tint and see how it lasts, worst case scenario I peel it and try something else.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I live in Canada and those tail lights currently are not shipping up here unfortunately.
There are many other options for tinted tail lights for the JL. Do a search on here and Google.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
There are many other options for tinted tail lights for the JL. Do a search on here and Google.
ledfactorymart makes some. Can't comment on quality though. I think Quake and Oracle also make some

Sponsored

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
I just bought some cheap black vinyl on amazon ($20 or somethin) and wrapped/tinted my rear tail lights, and fender lights. Planning to get amber vinyl to wrap my foglights.

Pretty quick and easy job. Most of the rolls come with all the supplies you need. It'll help if you have a heatgun/hairdryer. Have been through the trails/bush/high pressure water and still holding up!

WAY CHEAPER than getting a whole set of tail lights. I have the non-cool square tail lights. Wrapping them black made it look pretty cool and edgy.

Ill try and post some pics.

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll take a look into it, I do quite like the appearance of the factory LED tails, wish there were a mopar option for tinted lol

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just bought some cheap black vinyl on amazon ($20 or somethin) and wrapped/tinted my rear tail lights, and fender lights. Planning to get amber vinyl to wrap my foglights.

Pretty quick and easy job. Most of the rolls come with all the supplies you need. It'll help if you have a heatgun/hairdryer. Have been through the trails/bush/high pressure water and still holding up!

WAY CHEAPER than getting a whole set of tail lights. I have the non-cool square tail lights. Wrapping them black made it look pretty cool and edgy.

Ill try and post some pics.
That would be awesome if you could! Thanks for the feedback

Sponsored

OP
OP
YYC_Rubicon

YYC_Rubicon

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yup. I haven’t seen any Jeep’s around here do it, so I feel extra cool
It looks good, I think it gives it a stealth look and makes it blend in to the fender.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Plastidip is another way to tint the taillights. It is easy to remove if you want to go back to stock look.
Sponsored