Sponsored

Suspension Installs

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Join some of your local Jeep groups. I'm sure someone would be willing to lend you a hand, tools and possibly a straight driveway as long as you supply the Beer. You will be surprised at how many fellow Jeepers will work for Beer. :beer:
Before I ran a shop we would occasionally have meetups where we would work on our Jeeps. For those of us with a mechanical background it was usually fun, for those without it was a good learning experience.
Good advice.

When I did some work on my JK, I purchased more tools that I have used many times over. Also, when I ran into a problem that needed a second man, I posted on the local Jeep forum and a guy came out after work and we finished it.
Sponsored

Gremlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Thanks. Yeah I got the lower control arms and the bar and shock that controls the steering and sway bar links.
Make sure you torque the shocks to the spec. If you damage your shock mount the dealer wont touch your jeep with a 10 foot pole. Not to mention they will void your warranty citing "frame damage".

will1111

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Any installer recommendations in the southern California area?
Exactly where? Theres a well reviewed shop in North Hills in the SFV. I was going to get my rubi take offs installed there but that's when they just came out and I thought it was a bit pricey for a simple job that I could of done. A full kit install might be worth it...if I remember correctly it was around $500-$600

iki4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
Just got my Rubicon Takeoffs installed along with a tire/wheel combo. Install was around $550 in Montclair, CA.

Screen Shot 2020-02-07 at 9.12.28 PM.png

farrell5000

First Name
Farrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Hello All,

Recently picked up a JLU sport s and I got a fulll take off suspension from a JLU rubicon to put on it as I believe it will give a little lift without having to go with the Mopar lift for warranty. I have been calling dealers around my area and they are quoting around 1200 dollars to install the rubi take offs. Anyone have experience with this and who did you have do it? Or am I just going to have to sink a boat load of money into it. I was quoted 1800 for the Mopar lift so if it’s only 600 extra to get the better suspension I may go that route and sell the rubicon take offs. Looking for some advice from the Jeep veterans out there!

Thanks!
I would do it my self.
Sponsored