• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Illinois Subwoofer enclosure

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
Wrangler newbie and love every moment I drive my wrangler. So, my question is, has anyone tried making a custom subwoofer enclosure either out of wood or fiberglass for a 2dr that sits over the wheel well? I’ve looked just about everywhere on the internet and I haven’t found anything. JL audio makes the stealth box but it’s only for the jk models. I would really like to have that bass sound inside the cabin.
Sponsored

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Wrangler newbie and love every moment I drive my wrangler. So, my question is, has anyone tried making a custom subwoofer enclosure either out of wood or fiberglass for a 2dr that sits over the wheel well? I’ve looked just about everywhere on the internet and I haven’t found anything. JL audio makes the stealth box but it’s only for the jk models. I would really like to have that bass sound inside the cabin.
I have a jeep on order, this is what I'm looking at. You'd have to go with shallow mount subs but there are some excellent ones out now. Alpine has some awesome ones... at a price
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrang...-/264388731079?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
I have a jeep on order, this is what I'm looking at. You'd have to go with shallow mount subs but there are some excellent ones out now. Alpine has some awesome ones... at a price
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-Wrang...-/264388731079?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292
I saw that enclosure but, I have a two door wrangler. That will not fit under my rear seats unfortunately. I’m gonna create some custom fiberglass ones. Saw some videos on YouTube and I’m gonna give it a try. I’m gonna use two shallow 8” subs. I’m hopefully gonna have them molded over the wheel well. This way, I can still keep my trunk space. 😬

sandor.g

First Name
Sandor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Gladiator Hard Rock rims, MOPAR 2" lift
Occupation
Project Manager
I saw that enclosure but, I have a two door wrangler. That will not fit under my rear seats unfortunately. I’m gonna create some custom fiberglass ones. Saw some videos on YouTube and I’m gonna give it a try. I’m gonna use two shallow 8” subs. I’m hopefully gonna have them molded over the wheel well. This way, I can still keep my trunk space. 😬
Dig thru the forum, I saw a post, someone did use fiberglass to mold!

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
JL Audio makes the Stealthbox for the JLU that sits over/in front of either the driver side, passenger side or both...However from talking to my JL Audio rep (we sell their home subwoofers) it appears the Stealthbox itself will fit fine, the problem would seem to be the finished bezel/faceplate that goes over the Stealthbox itself. Originally (Pre ChinaFlu) JL Audio was planning a running production change involving a thinner faceplate that could work with the 2-door folding seats, no idea on the timeline for that change now...

I planned for an audio upgrade from the day I ordered my JLR (did not want the OEM sub in the cargo floor) and have had a stack of JL Audio gear and a take-out OEM 8.4 head unit sitting in my garage for several months. I also planned to save the Audio upgrades / interior upgrades as one of my final projects...Well the time has finally come but as the old saying 'in for a penny, in for a pound' goes, I got to thinking what the hell...so I ordered a second Stealthbox and a dedicated sub amp, so now I'm waiting on more gear to arrive... I am somewhat optimistic I will be able to either 'modify' these faceplates to fit or have custom ones made. I will update over the next few weeks as I proceed...This should be a fun, stealthy project: JL Audio VX800/8i & HD750/1, dual JL Stealthboxes, 6.5" C5 woofers in Metra dash pods, 6.5 C5 Coaxial's in SSV works adaptors in the soundbar, 3.5" C2 Coaxial's top dash, 8.4 Uconnect with Pac AmpPRO 4 interface and JL DRC-205.

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
JL Audio makes the Stealthbox for the JLU that sits over/in front of either the driver side, passenger side or both...However from talking to my JL Audio rep (we sell their home subwoofers) it appears the Stealthbox itself will fit fine, the problem would seem to be the finished bezel/faceplate that goes over the Stealthbox itself. Originally (Pre ChinaFlu) JL Audio was planning a running production change involving a thinner faceplate that could work with the 2-door folding seats, no idea on the timeline for that change now...

I planned for an audio upgrade from the day I ordered my JLR (did not want the OEM sub in the cargo floor) and have had a stack of JL Audio gear and a take-out OEM 8.4 head unit sitting in my garage for several months. I also planned to save the Audio upgrades / interior upgrades as one of my final projects...Well the time has finally come but as the old saying 'in for a penny, in for a pound' goes, I got to thinking what the hell...so I ordered a second Stealthbox and a dedicated sub amp, so now I'm waiting on more gear to arrive... I am somewhat optimistic I will be able to either 'modify' these faceplates to fit or have custom ones made. I will update over the next few weeks as I proceed...This should be a fun, stealthy project: JL Audio VX800/8i & HD750/1, dual JL Stealthboxes, 6.5" C5 woofers in Metra dash pods, 6.5 C5 Coaxial's in SSV works adaptors in the soundbar, 3.5" C2 Coaxial's top dash, 8.4 Uconnect with Pac AmpPRO 4 interface and JL DRC-205.
I have also been looking around for a better option than I currently have my 12” FI sub in. The box was built to spec recommendations from FI when I had my F150. It’s too tall for the cargo area in my JL though.

as far as the JL audio stealth boxes go, they have shallow mount subs loaded in them. Of course these will sound better than most other options, however, they won’t get anywhere close to what I am looking for. I would love to see what you come up with, especially cubic ft for the enclosure. If it’s possible to get close to 1.75 cubic feet by fabing an enclosure up onto the wheel well, that would be awesome.

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
I have also been looking around for a better option than I currently have my 12” FI sub in. The box was built to spec recommendations from FI when I had my F150. It’s too tall for the cargo area in my JL though.

as far as the JL audio stealth boxes go, they have shallow mount subs loaded in them. Of course these will sound better than most other options, however, they won’t get anywhere close to what I am looking for. I would love to see what you come up with, especially cubic ft for the enclosure. If it’s possible to get close to 1.75 cubic feet by fabing an enclosure up onto the wheel well, that would be awesome.
Im gonna try my best. Only thing with my project is that I’m gonna use 8” subs. Reason being is that I really don’t want the enclosure going past above the window line. I want to try and keep it as stealthy as possible. I have to take into account how far the front seat reclines and also making sure I have enough space so that I don’t have an issue folding over the rear seat. So far, just by roughly measuring, it looks like I’ll have good spacing. I will be using shallow pioneers handling 250 RMS. We’ll see. It’s getting closer and I think my project I’d going to get delayed a bit. LOL!

kapk22

First Name
Kasey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 YJ, 2021 JLUR
Im gonna try my best. Only thing with my project is that I’m gonna use 8” subs. Reason being is that I really don’t want the enclosure going past above the window line. I want to try and keep it as stealthy as possible. I have to take into account how far the front seat reclines and also making sure I have enough space so that I don’t have an issue folding over the rear seat. So far, just by roughly measuring, it looks like I’ll have good spacing. I will be using shallow pioneers handling 250 RMS. We’ll see. It’s getting closer and I think my project I’d going to get delayed a bit. LOL!
kind of my goal as well. I want the box to be short enough for a cargo cover. That way the tweaks around my place of work won’t be as tempted. The misses also wants more room back there... meh

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
kind of my goal as well. I want the box to be short enough for a cargo cover. That way the tweaks around my place of work won’t be as tempted. The misses also wants more room back there... meh
🤪🤣🤣
Same thing with my better half...

Sponsored

OP
OP
JuliOjeda

JuliOjeda

First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jl 2dr
The last sentence to my previous post should’ve read “Winter is getting closer and I think my project is going to get delayed...”

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Hello Julio,,

I have a custom built fiberglass box, sub and amp i am looking to sell for a 2 door JL-
$350 for the whole set up if interested.
built the deck lid to allow sound to come out and still protect the sub.

SUB.png

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Not sure if you are still looking, but i am selling a Fiberglass enclosure for a 10" sub-
Worked awesome.. and built it like the stealth boxes of JL.

Selling the box for $125 and i am in Indy- i could meet you to save on shipping.

Sounded amazing too.

20210730_175518.jpg

20210730_175548.jpg

60651665621__600196AA-EE65-4165-AD2F-705EB53987EF.jpg

IMG_1968.jpg

IMG_2862.jpg

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Is the space back there different in a four door?
The “trunk” area that dips into the floor is the same size on the 2 door and 4 door,
But the rest of the space is more in the 4 door.
As you can see- the 1st two pics are of my new 4 door-
Photo 3 & 4 are in my 2 door…
Exact same sub box in both Jeeps.
Hope this helps…

So as you can see, the box fits in both.

yahoo!

C1F01A7B-957E-40C4-93A5-31F59BAC8D3E.jpeg

872EC2D3-983C-4EF5-8070-815FA851723D.jpeg

00577047-E251-4506-91C0-DBCF7F03F0F0.png

880B4442-F751-486F-9C39-5F63EAF6D25A.png
Sponsored