Steering Stabilizer Relocation

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
I wasn't happy with how low the stock steering stabilizer was placed, as it was extremely susceptible to trail damage and mine had the scars to prove it:

IMG_2337.JPG

So, having done something similar on a couple of our JK's over the years, I spent a few minutes and fabricated a couple of relocation brackets to get the stabilizer up and out of the way:

IMG_2330.JPG

IMG_2339.JPG

IMG_2343.JPG

And here is the finished product:

IMG_2352.JPG
Sponsored

brianP

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Second for MetalCloak...

First time crawling I came down on the stock stabilizer and pancaked it, had to remove it so I could steer to get it home but quickly replaced it with a MetalCloak relocation kit with stabilizer and it solved my floating steering issue I was having as well as moved everything up and above the axle line.

Sponsored

RockyMtnHigh

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon - Punk'n Orange
I don’t see it for sale alone, only as a pkg with the FAD skid or with skid abd stabilizer. Is it sold as a stand alone item?
They don't sell it without the stabilizer or the FAD skid. Personally, I'd go for the full kit

OP
OP
tobyw

tobyw

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU-R
Would you make me one?
Sorry I missed your post... But as others have noted, this type of bracket setup does exist in the aftermarket, and I'm just a backyard hack that fabricates parts for my junk because it's fun for me. I would not be comfortable providing anything like this to the general public, because if it were to fail and you somehow swerve and kill a bus load of nuns, I'm not financially setup to take that lawsuit. Sad state of the world we live in.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Sorry I missed your post... But as others have noted, this type of bracket setup does exist in the aftermarket, and I'm just a backyard hack that fabricates parts for my junk because it's fun for me. I would not be comfortable providing anything like this to the general public, because if it were to fail and you somehow swerve and kill a bus load of nuns, I'm not financially setup to take that lawsuit. Sad state of the world we live in.
I understand because I’ve been in the same situation. However looking at what you produced I’d rate your fabrication skills as much higher than a backyard hack. Lol.

Thanks for the reply though.
Sponsored