jvasquez8

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535
Hi all,

Have a 2018 JLU Sahara with a Soft Top. 2 Random questions for the group.

1) Ski Season is around the corner and I'm trying to figure out how to haul my skis? Any recommendations on a Ski Carrier of some sort? Obviously a roof rack won't work, but I'm trying to figure out how to haul skis and keep the back seat up for passengers.

2) The backup lights when reversing are dim when looking at the backup camera. Is there any easy, brighter replacement for them?

thanks all!
Sponsored

Tredsdert

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Subaru Forester, 2021 Jeep Wrangler
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Beer Distribution
Hi all,

Have a 2018 JLU Sahara with a Soft Top. 2 Random questions for the group.

1) Ski Season is around the corner and I'm trying to figure out how to haul my skis? Any recommendations on a Ski Carrier of some sort? Obviously a roof rack won't work, but I'm trying to figure out how to haul skis and keep the back seat up for passengers.

2) The backup lights when reversing are dim when looking at the backup camera. Is there any easy, brighter replacement for them?

thanks all!
A personal DIY project that recently finished.

The hardtops have a water channel extremely similar in shape and size to the soft top edge holders we have on our soft tops...

https://a.co/d/fjizEHY
Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top - Ski Rack & Back Up Lights Screenshot_20240305-123407-417

This one works pretty decently with the OEM soft top, but it might do you a little better to find something that's a little bit taller to clear the back section over the passenger seats of the soft top where it's a little bit taller.

Jeep Wrangler JL Soft top - Ski Rack & Back Up Lights IMG_20240303_100039641_HDR

I'm currently running mine with a Joytutus one piece summer top, and it's working out pretty well with the height of the rails. Only reason I haven't put on a basket yet is because heightwise it won't allow me to fit in my garage.

When I get back to the house this afternoon, I'll get you some better pictures.

It does slide around a little bit if you put some force on it, so it might do good to put some grip tape inside the softtop channels. I myself will be spraying a truck bed liner on mine at a later date. But for now this setup works just fine for me.