Sponsored

Smoked the the rear of my Granite Crystal Metallic

AlanGJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe Sahara GCM
Went ahead and smoked out the rear of my '22 Granite Crystal Metallic Sahara 4xe. Haven't connected the wires for the sequential signals as that's really secondary to what I was after with this.

Moving on to the front this week/next. I'm having a hard time deciding on the smoked turn signals. The reviews for all of them are less than stellar.

Sponsored

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Went ahead and smoked out the rear of my '22 Granite Crystal Metallic Sahara 4xe. Haven't connected the wires for the sequential signals as that's really secondary to what I was after with this.

Moving on to the front this week/next. I'm having a hard time deciding on the smoked turn signals. The reviews for all of them are less than stellar.

Check out RECON Truck Accessories.

Smoked Fender Lights - RECON Truck Accessories

I've had them on my rig for 3+ years, with no issues (plug and play).

But, they are expensive.

OP
OP
AlanGJP

AlanGJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out RECON Truck Accessories.

Smoked Fender Lights - RECON Truck Accessories

I've had them on my rig for 3+ years, with no issues (plug and play).

But, they are expensive.
Wow they are way more than I was budgeting. I may just go with an Amazon option if I can't find something in the 150-250 price range. I can't see spending that much on turn signals.

Thanks though, who knows - I might just end up with those if the Amazon lights are as bad as the reviews seem to think.

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager
Wow they are way more than I was budgeting. I may just go with an Amazon option if I can't find something in the 150-250 price range. I can't see spending that much on turn signals.

Thanks though, who knows - I might just end up with those if the Amazon lights are as bad as the reviews seem to think.
Remember, cry once or cry twice. You can spend 250 on cheap ones. Be disappointed. Buy the expensive ones and be happy. You cry the first time because they cheap ones sucked. You cry the second time because the ones you wanted are expensive. Cry once or cry twice. I would rather cry once and spend less money than cry twice because I spent the cheap money then the expensive money. Just my take.

OP
OP
AlanGJP

AlanGJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Remember, cry once or cry twice. You can spend 250 on cheap ones. Be disappointed. Buy the expensive ones and be happy. You cry the first time because they cheap ones sucked. You cry the second time because the ones you wanted are expensive. Cry once or cry twice. I would rather cry once and spend less money than cry twice because I spent the cheap money then the expensive money. Just my take.
Here's the new link: https://gorecon.com/products/jeep-j...t-oled-drl-smoked?_pos=3&_sid=222494afe&_ss=r

Sometimes you buy "the expensive ones" expecting quality and they're the same as the lower priced ones. Buying the higher priced twice hurts even worse.

In this case, $500 isn't justified over $100 cheap ones. Even if they're brighter, the Chinese ones will be fine I'll water proof them a bit better and they'll probably work great for what I want.

99% of the time they're off. I'm not really after how they look when lit - as long as they do the job, look decent on and look good when they're off.

I say all this and who knows, I'll probably end up buying $500 ones. :headbang: (Just not the ones linked above, unfortunately I don't see the price as worth it)

Sponsored

Grateful1

First Name
Grateful
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 1998 TJ Sport 2011 Extreme Camper
Occupation
HR Manager