Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my eye on that Rigid for a while, but for me to spend that kinda money I'd prefer a dual mount that allows you to lower the windshield and pivot the cubes outwards. According to one of the designers, that's being worked on. I've seen nothing similar and, I also don't care for the boxy-plate-looking Mopar mount. I'm sure if/when Rigid releases their new model, it would be within the same price range. Being that it's early in the year, I'd expect other manufacturers to release something similar.

Are you looking for a dual mount, a single, or just a model that has clearance to lower the windshield?

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I've had my eye on that Rigid for a while, but for me to spend that kinda money I'd prefer a dual mount that allows you to lower the windshield and pivot the cubes outwards. According to one of the designers, that's being worked on. I've seen nothing similar and, I also don't care for the boxy-plate-looking Mopar mount. I'm sure if/when Rigid releases their new model, it would be within the same price range. Being that it's early in the year, I'd expect other manufacturers to release something similar.

Are you looking for a dual mount, a single, or just a model that has clearance to lower the windshield?
interesting that they are making a new mount. I thought the current one does allow you to fold down the windshield?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
interesting that they are making a new mount. I thought the current one does allow you to fold down the windshield?
The current pricey Rigid model does allow it... but the lights don't pivot. I'd like the option of being able to point a couple of fogs slightly outwards.

Sponsored

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
The current pricey Rigid model does allow it... but the lights don't pivot. I'd like the option of being able to point a couple of fogs slightly outwards.
Yeah me too. I will wait until the new mounts are out.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm running the same mounts for now... they're great except for the whole windshield thing.
Yeah thing is that I love the idea of folding the windshield down but will probably never do it. Even if I do, I'll need a torx right? It's easy to take those mounts off with a torx. So, I added weatherproof quick disconnects for each cube below the cowling/faring or whatever you call that sexy body piece. :P

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah thing is that I love the idea of folding the windshield down but will probably never do it. Even if I do, I'll need a torx right? It's easy to take those mounts off with a torx. So, I added weatherproof quick disconnects for each cube below the cowling/faring or whatever you call that sexy body piece. :P
Yes.. you'll need the Torx from the kit ... very easy to remove. That sexy body piece is called a JEEP!

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I plan on getting the Artec dual cube cowl mounts. They are sexy as hell and keep the cubes tucked low and following the contour of the a-pillar. They don't allow the windsheild to fold down without removing them first but thats a non issue if one, like myself, doesn't plan on lowering it. They also only mount the cubes aimed straight ahead with just up and down adjustment, but a couple pairs of the Rigid Industries Side Shooters will go a long way for casting plenty of light to the sides.

nerp

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Website
interface.ninja
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Software Architect / Security Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
... a couple pairs of the Rigid Industries Side Shooters will go a long way for casting plenty of light to the sides.
I love my side shooters. When I'm on the trail at night, I often miss turnoffs and these things shoot at a 90 degree angle to my forward motion so I can look out the driver's side window and see that turn off I missed. They are also great for seeing the edges of the trail you are on at night.
Sponsored