18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Get the 13" metal one, works great. I had a rubber one that lasted about a year before it cracked and died when I ran it thru a quick car wash.

The metal one's will hold up much better. Don't get something less the 13" or you will notice a major signal loss on the FM band.

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
Get the 13" metal one, works great. I had a rubber one that lasted about a year before it cracked and died when I ran it thru a quick car wash.

The metal one's will hold up much better. Don't get something less the 13" or you will notice a major signal loss on the FM band.
This thread is 5 years old...

Having said that I got the RR 6 inch stubby because I don't care about FM at all and just wanted something to cover the antenna base.

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yeah, I know its and old thread but wanted to possibly save a fellow jeep owner from purchasing one of those rubber ones that will just break like mine did a month back going thru a car wash.

Ended up replacing it but would not have had to if I just bought the right one the first time. Cheers.

Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I had a flexible 13” or so antenna and it would bang on the Jeep at highway speeds and drive me nuts.

Now I have a Cravenspeed 3” stubby, it’s rigid and doesn’t move or make a sound. Lousy reception but I never use the radio anyways so I don’t care.

autotragic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR 6MT
Yeah, I know its and old thread but wanted to possibly save a fellow jeep owner from purchasing one of those rubber ones that will just break like mine did a month back going thru a car wash.

Ended up replacing it but would not have had to if I just bought the right one the first time. Cheers.
Which one exactly? A rugged ridge or something else?

RoadNomad

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Yup, the rubber one that failed was a Rugged Ridge, I replaced it with one off of Amazon:
RT-TCZ for Jeep JK JL Antenna Replacement
$19.99, fits and looks great and no problems in car washes!
Sponsored