Sponsored

Select trac

Jeepchrysler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 jk
i picked up my new Sahara yesterday with select trac and had a question.
I assume 4h auto is where I would leave it for driving? 2H would seem to defeat the purpose.
If I understand the system correctly it will drive as 2h )no impact on mileage) unless it senses wheel spin.
Sponsored

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
i picked up my new Sahara yesterday with select trac and had a question.
I assume 4h auto is where I would leave it for driving? 2H would seem to defeat the purpose.
If I understand the system correctly it will drive as 2h )no impact on mileage) unless it senses wheel spin.
Yes - normal driving on pavement you want 2H or 4H auto. There's not much mileage difference (so little you probably wouldn't notice), so just 4H auto is fine. I prefer 2H if I'm positive the road is dry and clean, otherwise I go 4H auto - easily done on-the-fly.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Technically the drive train is connected to the front axle in FT4WD, it just isn’t engaged. This is so the computer can instantly send power to the front wheels as soon as any slippage us sensed. I’ve run some rudimentary experiments, and think I get about 1/2 to 1 mpg better in 2H than in FT4WD. So like Rob said, I drive in 2H when I know the roads are dry. But in winter I may just leave it in FT4WD and live with the very small sacrifice to gas mileage.
Sponsored