Sponsored

Rubicon shocks, Worn out at 17K ?

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Anyone else have issues with their factory rubi shocks?
After replacing my stock shocks with new Fox 2.0 shocks I noticed that the stock ones had 0 damping for the first 2-3 inches of travel, both sides. Rear shocks seemed ok. No leaking observed but I have not hit them with a UV light yet. I was experiencing a wheel hop situation at freeway speeds and suspected trackbar and or shocks. It was more shocks than trackbar but I replaced both.
Sponsored

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Starting up an old thread here, but I am at 20k and started getting some wheel hop and searching for what it could be as I would expect the stock shocks to last longer. I haven’t replaced them yet, considering the Fox 2.0, how have you liked them? What did you end up doing for the trackbar?

Anyone else have issues with their factory rubi shocks?
After replacing my stock shocks with new Fox 2.0 shocks I noticed that the stock ones had 0 damping for the first 2-3 inches of travel, both sides. Rear shocks seemed ok. No leaking observed but I have not hit them with a UV light yet. I was experiencing a wheel hop situation at freeway speeds and suspected trackbar and or shocks. It was more shocks than trackbar but I replaced both.

OP
OP
FiveBoro

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Starting up an old thread here, but I am at 20k and started getting some wheel hop and searching for what it could be as I would expect the stock shocks to last longer. I haven’t replaced them yet, considering the Fox 2.0, how have you liked them? What did you end up doing for the trackbar?
I have about 13k on the Fox 2.0 now and they are an improvement over stock. I'd say stiffer for sure with way less nose dive under hard braking. If they were adjustable though I'd want one click less on the compression damping, but of course they are not. ( i'm also a 2 door ) I replaced the trackbar with a JKS adjustable bar. I have also gone with the longer Mopar LCAs and a Steer Smarts Yeti sector shaft brace. The LCAs did a lot to increase straight line stability and the sector shaft brace did tighten up the steering a bit. I couldn't detect any leaking from the stock shocks but the fronts both had zero damping for the first few inches of travel. That was causing a very disconcerting high speed wheel hop.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

I have about 13k on the Fox 2.0 now and they are an improvement over stock. I'd say stiffer for sure with way less nose dive under hard braking. If they were adjustable though I'd want one click less on the compression damping, but of course they are not. ( i'm also a 2 door ) I replaced the trackbar with a JKS adjustable bar. I have also gone with the longer Mopar LCAs and a Steer Smarts Yeti sector shaft brace. The LCAs did a lot to increase straight line stability and the sector shaft brace did tighten up the steering a bit. I couldn't detect any leaking from the stock shocks but the fronts both had zero damping for the first few inches of travel. That was causing a very disconcerting high speed wheel hop.
Thanks for the info, looking back would you go with fox again? I have been considering falcon 2.1 as well, hesitating to go with any more shock on stock height due mostly to $$ and potential lift down the road in 3-5 years.

OP
OP
FiveBoro

FiveBoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLR
Thanks for the info, looking back would you go with fox again? I have been considering falcon 2.1 as well, hesitating to go with any more shock on stock height due mostly to $$ and potential lift down the road in 3-5 years.
I think I'd chose Fox again, I just installed a bumper and a winch so maybe that slightly stiff compression damping will be welcome. I had the Rancho RS5000s on my JK and they were a solid choice too.
Sponsored