Rubbing/grinding noise after side step install

VenomJeepGal

First Name
Maricela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
I have 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL sport and I recently installed the Westin triple tube rock rail steps. I noticed the next day it now makes a grinding/ rubbing noise when i accelerate or turn. Any advice or input on what may be causing the noise ? They look great, but the noise not so much. thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubbing/grinding noise after side step install 7C1427C8-EE9A-4CD6-BE6A-2D7EEE16781F
Sponsored

Doc67

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have 2019 Jeep Wrangler JL sport and I recently installed the Westin triple tube rock rail steps. I noticed the next day it now makes a grinding/ rubbing noise when i accelerate or turn. Any advice or input on what may be causing the noise ? They look great, but the noise not so much. thanks
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubbing/grinding noise after side step install 7C1427C8-EE9A-4CD6-BE6A-2D7EEE16781F
Check to see if your rails are rubbing up against the frame, I had the same issue, if so just lossen up the bolts pull the rails away from the frame and torque to spec.

StingJL918

First Name
Eduardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon 2.0 StingGray
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Did you ever figure out how to fix noise? Did you grease your steps?
Sponsored