Ride Quality

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I checked and they were at 38, supposed to be 35. I dropped it down a bit.

Check the fuses?
Fuses are coming from factory not fully seated. It’s become a running joke almost to say check tire pressure, and seat your fuses, for any issue at all.
You’ll catch on ;)
Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Not even close.

I've owned a 79 z28 with t-tops and a 98 convertible Mustang. I love open air driving and have wanted to be back in a convertible for years. Wrangler is my only option since I have a son in a wheelchair. I just can't wait for it to warm up.
Both of those are IFS , we’re talking about ride quality here...

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Both of those are IFS , we’re talking about ride quality here...
This is so true.
Changing from IFS to Solid Axles, there is a noticeable difference in the suspension reaction to small bumps. Even something as small as turning into a curb drop at a driveway entrance.
It's something that can easily go unnoticed during the excitement of a vehicle test drive. You soon notice it, more so, after you've had it as your daily driver a while.
That said, the tires are probably over inflated and your auto tire inflation/deflation fuse is unseated or blown. ;)

OP
OP

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
That said, the tires are probably over inflated and your auto tire inflation/deflation fuse is unseated or blown. ;)
Lol, that is a new one.

I realize that there will be a difference. We drove the rental for quite a few hours, on quite surfaces up in the mountains to see if we would still enjoy it. I'm not looking for it to drive like a min-van. I already have one of those and while comfortable, it is quite boring. I'll drop a little more air out of the tire and let you guys know in the morning. Thanks for all the replies.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
You made a bad choice youll likely never be truely satisfied. You bought into an image and idea and the novelty is wearing off for you.
Toyota Guy in the House!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I found that my JL Sport S had a very stiff ride when I first got it. Keep in mind that I've owned several Wranglers in the past. The JL seems stiff and harsh to me even on stock suspension with stock tires. They likely beefed up the shocks and springs so they would handle off road travel a little better than before. That's my guess.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I found that my JL Sport S had a very stiff ride when I first got it. Keep in mind that I've owned several Wranglers in the past. The JL seems stiff and harsh to me even on stock suspension with stock tires. They likely beefed up the shocks and springs so they would handle off road travel a little better than before. That's my guess.
Did you ever own a TJ? I always felt like I was getting the crap beat out of me in mine (stock). Fun as hell, but definitely not for long road trips. I personally find the JL quite smooth.

shicken562

First Name
Efrain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Firecracker Red
Occupation
Service Dispatcher
I run KO2's at 30psi cold. The ride is much better than it is at higher psi like 35 plus.
Does the low tire pressure light come on if we air down to 30 psi and if we don't gave the Tazer?

Sponsored

Carolina88

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray JLU Sport S
Here's my thing with Jeep ride quality, wind noise, etc... When I'm not worrying and obsessing about it -- just driving carefree and not trying to find something wrong or un-perfect -- it drives amazing. This past Sunday, the weather was nice and my wife, two kids and I drove home from lunch with the freedom panels off. It was one of the funnest things ever. We all had a blast on a simple 20-minute drive.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Did you ever own a TJ? I always felt like I was getting the crap beat out of me in mine (stock). Fun as hell, but definitely not for long road trips. I personally find the JL quite smooth.
Exactly ... people think JL is bad jeez try leaf springs

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
Not even close.

I've owned a 79 z28 with t-tops and a 98 convertible Mustang. I love open air driving and have wanted to be back in a convertible for years. Wrangler is my only option since I have a son in a wheelchair. I just can't wait for it to warm up.
Don't worry, it's a little more rough than other vehicles on the market but after a few trips you'll barely notice anymore because the pros outweigh the cons :rock::jk: