Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Technology Consultant
Brand: Lightwerkz - Automotive Lighting Innovations

Have not seen many retrofit projects for JLs so decided to convert the stock halogen headlights. I purchased from Lightwerkz for all of my vehicles in the past decade because of their knowledge, service, and product offering.

You can see clear still shots at Lightwerkz Instagram post and action video.

My previous aftermarket LED headlights were Kiwi's from Amazon. The output was neither as crisp or powerful than the Morimoto LEDs. You get what you pay for!

Installation requires wiring. Depending on whether you have high-line fender lights, you may need to tap into the blinker wires either at the front or back of the fenders. Recommend doing the driver side since there is a lot more access. Follow Diode Dynamics instructions to tap into the right wires. Took a couple hours to complete.

Purchases:

Morimoto M LED 2.0 https://lightwerkz.net/collections/led-projectors/products/bi-led-morimoto-m-led-2-0

Diode Dynamics Halo Light Switchback https://lightwerkz.net/products/halo-lights-led-185mm-switchback-pair-diode-dynamics

Also will need to purchase semi-flat black spray paint to black out the halogen housing, headlight housing re-seal, and quick splice wire connectors.

Installation:

Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2418
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2420
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2423
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2426
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2441
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2463
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2462

Results:

Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights Beam
Jeep Wrangler JL Retrofit Halogen Headlights IMG_2503
Sponsored

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
I used the Profile Bi-LED projectors on my Tahoe retro last year...nicest lights i've ever had. I'm sure the Morimotos are an excellent choice also.

How hard was it to get the housings open? How much work did you have to do on modifying the housings?

OP
OP
OLLOMAN

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Technology Consultant
I used the Profile Bi-LED projectors on my Tahoe retro last year...nicest lights i've ever had. I'm sure the Morimotos are an excellent choice also.

How hard was it to get the housings open? How much work did you have to do on modifying the housings?
Profile is a great brand too.

I actually had Lightwerkz take care of the housing setup. I've done it a few times with my other vehicles but did not have the time to take on all of this one. You can always reach out to Caesar at [email protected] though. He is the owner and a friend of mine.

We did take pics throughout the process which you can browse through this link from google drive.
Sponsored