Sponsored

Replacement Halo Headlights flicker

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I just installed these https://www.extremeterrain.com/raxi...ctor-headlights-j133627.html#customer_reviews In my 2018 JLU Sport S. I connected the wire for the halos to fuse 52 as suggested in the instructions. The halos work as DRLs just fine except for when the headlights come on. When the headlights are on the halos flicker. Not fast, maybe once a second, I'm also not sure if they are flickering on/off or just on/brighter. I am wondering if anyone had experienced a similar issue. It almost seems like the canbus system might be flickering them but I just don't understand why it only does it with the headlights on. The lights also didn't come with any sort of anti-flicker device but I'm not sure if that was needed anyway. Any thoughts or idea?
Sponsored

RichD

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Just wondering if you found a solution. I've been shopping for LED halos for my sport S (non DRL). The problems and confusing set-ups I'm reading in these forums here have me re-thinking. I just want simple & reliable.

OP
OP
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Just wondering if you found a solution. I've been shopping for LED halos for my sport S (non DRL). The problems and confusing set-ups I'm reading in these forums here have me re-thinking. I just want simple & reliable.
Im still looking for a solution to the flicker problem.

Baconator

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
I had some flickering issues when I upgraded to LEDs. You just need to inform the computer that they are LEDs and it will be fixed.

The route I went, which is the least expensive is a bypass cable and the OBD Jscan app. There's a number of cool things you can tweak with it but it's worth it for the flicker alone.
Sponsored