James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you interested I took my dash apart to see how hard it would be to wrap or paint the dash panels. Heres some pics. I started on the passenger side, the ends have that crappy little blue clip that will break in half and fall inside your dash never to be seen again. But, the good news is that the dash seems to go back together just fine, even w/o the end clips. (lucky for me). There is one screw in the middle that holds it on that you need to remove. To do so, you will need to get as much dash loosen on both ends. ( I used a medium size screw driver and pushed up on the clips as i pulled it back. Be carful no to scratch the panels. Then I pried the rubber housing from the top (which is also held on by orange clips). You only need to pop the top and two side ones of the rubber housing to access that last screw. Then it just pulls straight off. good luck!

IMG_3931.jpg

IMG_3932.jpg

IMG_3933.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg
Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Great job!!!

Madora

First Name
Meg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Ram Rebel
I'm wanting Punk'n so the red dash will probably need to be changed. I guess the red stitching on the seats I will have to live with.
You can use a fabric pen to dye the stitching. It will take some time to do all the stitching, but it is absolutely doable without looking cheap. You can use sharpie also, but the dye in the fabric markers tends to be resistant to fading even for UV rays.

avei5150

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
What is the most annoying about this feature in the Rubicon is the fact that in all other models, the Blue for instance comes with Grey interior panels. I'm also surprised at this point FCA didn't use it as an "opportunity" to upscale another custom feature. Match the body and interior $495!

I really like the look of the Blue Rubicon, but the match with Red makes it look rather clown-is. If it matched the blue, it'd be amazing. After seeing some of the removal features, it may be worth just getting it a seeing if I can live with it, and if not change it.

Has anyone taken possession of a Blue Rubicon?

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm loving the red dash in mine, but I could see one day going to carbon fiber or red that matches the exterior. In th mean time, whenever people get into it for the first time, they go nutty over the dash. They seem to love it.

Pwjacks

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL (ordered)
Thought I would share my mod to the dash. I did not want the red dash, so the dealer worked with me on getting it painted. Picked the Jeep up Friday. Hard to tell in the picture but it’s painted the same as the outside, graphite. Thrilled with how it came out.

9A256F32-DA66-43F1-BA5F-30672E9D04C4.jpeg

OP
OP
sfadchi

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
Thought I would share my mod to the dash. I did not want the red dash, so the dealer worked with me on getting it painted. Picked the Jeep up Friday. Hard to tell in the picture but it’s painted the same as the outside, graphite. Thrilled with how it came out.
Wow looks great!

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi

9A256F32-DA66-43F1-BA5F-30672E9D04C4.jpeg
I wonder how easily it will scratch and what it will look like when it does.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
I'd really like to have the option offered with the sahara, only with red stitching. Has anyone seen anything like that? I'm really tired of looking at the red dash and may just have it painted if I can't do the leather or maybe some other cover with texture to it.

Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I'd really like to have the option offered with the sahara, only with red stitching. Has anyone seen anything like that? I'm really tired of looking at the red dash and may just have it painted if I can't do the leather or maybe some other cover with texture to it.
So I am assuming you did not get leather or this would have been trimmed out in leather. I would ask dealer if you can order the dash piece with the leather and have it swapped out.

dajuicejml

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLRU
Does anyone have/know the part number/availability for the upper trim WITH the Red Stitching? I ordered my JLRU with everything except Leather so that I could put custom leather in. By going with cloth, I obviously did not get the red stitching on the upper dash trim, console lid cover, or e brake, but would like to add if possible.

Aaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 C7 Corvette Stingray
So I am assuming you did not get leather or this would have been trimmed out in leather. I would ask dealer if you can order the dash piece with the leather and have it swapped out.
I did get leather. I have a rubicon though, and it doesn't come with leather on the front of the dash (the part that is red), just the top.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I did get leather. I have a rubicon though, and it doesn't come with leather on the front of the dash (the part that is red), just the top.
Ohh I had not clue. That must be a Sahara thing. Maybe you can order a leather one from dealer for an easy swap. If not check automotive upholstery places in your area to see what they would charge to wrap it in leather with the color stitching you want.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that dash looks great! I like my red dash, but would love to see it match the red on the exterior. If someone offers those panels for a reasonable price, I may try it just to see how it looks. I also think carbon fiber would look really nice, too.
Sponsored