Sponsored

Recommended Dealers List

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
That’s great. I wonder what the difference was compared to the ones who didn’t have A good experience - different finance person, different level of discount?
Phillip’s pricing seems pretty consistent within models. Maybe just got a bad finance person.

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Just saw this over on 5th Gen Rams. FYI.

“As of today Phillip Olson is no longer with Bud Clary. All current orders should be honored. I would like to thank him for all the amazing deals he provided to many of us on this forum. Philip is focusing on his other work of building houses. If you are in Washington state give him a call.”

michellini

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla

“As of today Phillip Olson is no longer with Bud Clary. All current orders should be honored. I would like to thank him for all the amazing deals he provided to many of us on this forum. Philip is focusing on his other work of building houses. If you are in Washington state give him a call.”
I just heard he wasn't there.. His assistant is handling his orders

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

That explains a lot actually. I guess I fell into the transition period where he started to focus more on his other ventures.

Sponsored

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
That explains a lot actually. I guess I fell into the transition period where he started to focus more on his other ventures.
But that doesn't explain why other Bud Clary employees lied to me about their dealership never ever giving discounts such as ~6% below invoice. Or about them already using 2022 pricing just 2 days after May'21 order guide came out. And it doesn't explain why they never answered emails or returned phone calls.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
But that doesn't explain why other Bud Clary employees lied to me about their dealership never ever giving discounts such as ~6% below invoice. Or about them already using 2022 pricing just 2 days after May'21 order guide came out. And it doesn't explain why they never answered emails or returned phone calls.
I agree 100%, i was referring to it makes sense for my experience. not what others have seen.

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
Phillip’s pricing seems pretty consistent within models. Maybe just got a bad finance person.
Just a bad finance person, and my discount was over 9k for the Jeep as Philip messed up something, then said he would help me out. I see this type of finance behavior a lot with mostly loans, and certain groups of dealers in the area. I actually avoided them at first, but Philip helped out to change my mind.

28firefighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
To be clear, it isn't right. Explanation or not.

I get the distinct impression that Phillip was a one-man show in terms of these discounts with a couple sales people that he would feed the sales to (maybe $100 in commission) to handle the admin work; if you went through any other channel you'd get what I would consider the typical CJDR experience which is exactly what you described.

This is not all that uncommon with other volume dealers offering deep discounts (usually only one or two people authorized to do it), but I would expect if you had spoken to him and a price given, it would have been in a CRM somewhere that another sales person could have looked up.

Major bummer that you had such a crummy experience.

Seals881

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan LEAF, JULR Diesel(ordered)
The sale price on my contract was what was on my order sheet. The actual sticker from Jeep was 300 dollars higher then order.
That’s great. I wonder what the difference was compared to the ones who didn’t have A good experience - different finance person, different level of discount?
Probably a different finance person. After I had applied for the credit, the sales person left, and another person came by with a crazy loan deal then just asked to sign it. No questions. So I knew it was going to be a good time.

Discount was 13.04% off MSRP, 7% under invoice.

Sponsored

KaiChief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
After getting some of the stereotypical dealer tactics, I searched this board to see who had great buying experiences around Chicagoland area. That 15 minute research saved me so much time in the buying experience. Thank you to those that recommended Jason Beltran at Hawk auto 708.366.1001. He made the whole process extremely simple and was a straight shooter. I decided to custom order to get the options I wanted, which caused using my current vehicle as a trade in more difficult. I was going to just go through car max and Jason recommended to check out carnava. They game me $3,200 more than Car Max. So besides making the process simple and giving my a great deal, I was able to put even more
money down. I placed my order with Jason on May 4th and Jeep arrived at the dealership May 20th. The actual paperwork at the dealership was less than 45 minutes. I couldn’t be happier on the experience. Give him a call, he won’t waste your time. I will be a repeat buyer!

Alex01

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Wrangler, 2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Chris over at normandin chrysler jeep dodge ram in San Jose Ca made our experience quick and painless. They were also the only dealer in the area offering a discount. That said our jeep was discounted because it was a factory soft top vehicle but it was fairly loaded and the discount more than covered the price of a factory hard top.

No surprises or extra stuff added on by the dealer.

syismaster1

First Name
Sy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
After going to 10+ dealers in the Tampa Bay area and them barely budging on price I realized that I would have to order from one of the dealers on here and I can not recommend Gupton Motors enough!
Every single employee (Rene and Daniel) have been so helpful and make sure they answer all questions before hanging up on the phone. They are busy with so many orders and yet make sure you understand everything.
They are making the process so easy and they give 6-8% off invoice depending on if you have tread lightly 7% and if you use their financing and have TL 8%. Standard discount is 6% which is still good. For a 7k+ difference the drive is worth it to me.

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
After going to 10+ dealers in the Tampa Bay area and them barely budging on price I realized that I would have to order from one of the dealers on here and I can not recommend Gupton Motors enough!
Every single employee (Rene and Daniel) have been so helpful and make sure they answer all questions before hanging up on the phone. They are busy with so many orders and yet make sure you understand everything.
They are making the process so easy and they give 6-8% off invoice depending on if you have tread lightly 7% and if you use their financing and have TL 8%. Standard discount is 6% which is still good. For a 7k+ difference the drive is worth it to me.
I will second the recommendation for Gupton Motors in Springfield Tn, just north west of Nashville. Flew up from Tampa this morning to pick up my ordered JL 80th Anniversary Edition. 8% under invoice with Tread Lightly and financing,. Which, by the way, was at 0%. From being picked up at the airport, to the full tank gas at delivery the whole process was fantastic. The $1000 bonus cash discount I received from Jeep, on top of the 8%, was just icing on the cake. Daniel and his whole crew were a pleasure to work with. Contact [email protected]

JEEPT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 80TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
I will second the recommendation for Gupton Motors in Springfield Tn, just north west of Nashville. Flew up from Tampa this morning to pick up my ordered JL 80th Anniversary Edition. 8% under invoice with Tread Lightly and financing,. Which, by the way, was at 0%. From being picked up at the airport, to the full tank gas at delivery the whole process was fantastic. The $1000 bonus cash discount I received from Jeep, on top of the 8%, was just icing on the cake. Daniel and his whole crew were a pleasure to work with. Contact [email protected]
[email protected] excuse my typo on previous post.
The $1000 bonus cash was directly from Jeep, had nothing to do with the dealership. You have to apply for that on your own at sign up for updates
at the Jeep.com website under the Research heading at the bottom of the page.
There is no guarantee you will get the bonus cash offer, it's not a rebate.
Sponsored