Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

Mompalm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2002 TJ Sahara
We have a 2022 JL and just got the Sunshade Long. It really has a lot of flapping noise just above the sound bar at highway speeds. It came with the cutout (which I don't love) over the soundbar, so I don't know if that's the problem. Has anyone else experienced this?
To follow up on this issue - I spoke to a rep from Spiderwebshade and they told me the shade with cutout is for the hard tops with freedom panels. Since we have a soft top, they told me to send back the sunshade and they will replace with the proper one.

I hope this resolves the flapping issue. We had a Spiderwebshade on our 2002 TJ and loved it.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm having a hard time finding what I'm looking for in a sunshade.. Do any of these (or do you know of any) allow for the closing of a factory JL soft top with absolutely no need to mess with the sun shade? I've had the JTops for years and it's almost perfect except for the fact that you need to pull out the front bit to latch the soft top. It then droops quite a lot and brushes my head (I'm 6'5" and can't get it to not do that). It has dissolved in the crazy sun I have here and I need to replace it and would love to find one that just has holes where the latches for the top need to be.
I have the Spidershade (came installed in my Rubicon JL) and I only have the soft top. You do not have to remove the sunshade to open or close the soft top. You do have to pull it back a little to get the front windshield releases to latch and unlatch but not a big deal. Also NO sagging after pulling shade back! The bungee does not allow for sagging.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
To follow up on this issue - I spoke to a rep from Spiderwebshade and they told me the shade with cutout is for the hard tops with freedom panels. Since we have a soft top, they told me to send back the sunshade and they will replace with the proper one.

I hope this resolves the flapping issue. We had a Spiderwebshade on our 2002 TJ and loved it.
Thanks to know! The JL I just bought came with it (1st owner must have bought it) and it has the cutout for the freedom top. I guess I will see if I can deal with the flapping or talk to them to possibly have it replaced, just don’t know as I don’t have the original box 🤔

WazSupDog

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Orange JL Sahara
I have the Spidershade (came installed in my Rubicon JL) and I only have the soft top. You do not have to remove the sunshade to open or close the soft top. You do have to pull it back a little to get the front windshield releases to latch and unlatch but not a big deal. Also NO sagging after pulling shade back! The bungee does not allow for sagging.
I appreciate that. thanks!
Sponsored