Sponsored

Rear Cargo Tray

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up a rear cargo tray from John @ Texas Metal Works and installed it today. SUPER strong and a breeze to install, this thing is a tank and is made of 3/16" powder coated steel. My middle son (about 160 lbs.) climbed on top of it and it never budged.

Though I picked it up locally, it was already packed and the packing is just sick and custom fit to prevent shipping damage. I plan to return the packing so he can re-use it.

Lots of slots and threaded holes to mount accessories and the like. I plan to a second fire extinguisher on the passenger side.

At any rate, here are a few pictures, enjoy!

@rustyshakelford

JBrCjS.jpg

JBrnZ7.jpg

JBrxn9.jpg

JBrzGe.jpg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Looks great! We absolutely love ours and use it daily. A ton of time, money and care went into the packaging, so thank you for noticing the little things!

Brett

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Picked up a rear cargo tray from John @ Texas Metal Works and installed it today. SUPER strong and a breeze to install, this thing is a tank and is made of 3/16" powder coated steel. My middle son (about 160 lbs.) climbed on top of it and it never budged.

Though I picked it up locally, it was already packed and the packing is just sick and custom fit to prevent shipping damage. I plan to return the packing so he can re-use it.

Lots of slots and threaded holes to mount accessories and the like. I plan to a second fire extinguisher on the passenger side.

At any rate, here are a few pictures, enjoy!

@rustyshakelford

JBrCjS.jpg

JBrnZ7.jpg

JBrxn9.jpg

JBrzGe.jpg
What fire extinguisher mount is that? I have the same rack and looking to mount an extinguisher. Thanks.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What fire extinguisher mount is that? I have the same rack and looking to mount an extinguisher. Thanks.
It is this one (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07W1157R8). Be sure to put a little blue loctite on the red knob as I have read that it can loosen over time. Also, ping John at Texas Metal Works and he can sell you the two screws needed to mount it. Last, but not least, it does have a slight rattle at times, and I am looking to attach a small rubber bumper to take up the slack and stop that.

Otherwise, it is a seriously solid piece of hardware that matches the tray perfectly.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It looks like removing the just the tray and leaving the mounting brackets in place would only require taking out 3 screws on each side, correct?

OP
OP
CarbonSteel

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like removing the just the tray and leaving the mounting brackets in place would only require taking out 3 screws on each side, correct?
Yes sir--6 screws total to remove the tray and the vertical mounting brackets or 4 total to remove just the tray.

DBlink

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2014 Grand Cherokee, 2004 Liberty (RIP), 2014 Tacoma
Love mine as well! Fighting a small squeak every once and a while. Trying a cut up inner tube between component now.

45422976-9AB2-4033-9BC5-38BBEA1D255A.jpeg
Sponsored